jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a ranking system in Hubpages for hubbers?

1. ankandhk profile image80
    ankandhkposted 6 years ago

Is there a ranking system in Hubpages for hubbers?

Is Hubpages ranking its hubbers? There I see scores on every hubbers, but how much rank he/she among all hubbers? If anyone has 90 scores what is his/her rank among  209,000 hubbers?

2. Jlbowden profile image91
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Those are all good questions and it all depends on a lot of different factors. Sometimes a hubbers score is influenced by the quality and content of his or her articles. And also by their individual participation in the forums. By making constructive comments on others hubs or articles may have an influence as well. Anything negative will only lower your score. To get all of the answers and more that you are looking for, try looking at the hubpages learning center. Here you will find commonly asked questions and answers to those questions. Hope this helps.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I think the only  ranking that is important is comparing yourself to yourself. Are your scores rising or falling?
    Even then, the numbers , themselves, are not so important.  They don't have an effect on what you are earning. They don't have much of an effect on how much people like your writing.
    You can see that a lot of writers who are active and consistently produce good content, usually have high scores-- but they also often go up and down.
    Concentrate on doing good work, along with some participation  and interaction. Let the variable numbers fall where they may.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

. . . .there will be no 1 - 209,000 hubbers.  Aren't you happy with the 1 - 100 ranking?  Don't you think it would be a bit extreme for me to be ranked # 209,000. . .and you be # 208, 999???????

I'd think that was a bit too much ranking - especially considering the fact that I prefer to be the guy who makes the most money, and you be the second most money making hubber person.

I've ranked as high as 97. . .and the 90 I've got at present (had BETTER be) is rather low; sure, I'd rather my perpetual awesomeness be reflected with a everlasting score of 100.  I suppose I shouldn't base my happiness on Earth from the Hubpages author score system - especially since I KNOW for a FACT that it has nothing to do with what I earn.