What is wrong with my latest hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. misslong123 profile image83
    misslong123posted 4 years ago

I carefully completed my latest hub, and I went all out with the variety of capsules. I was pretty proud of this one that took me all week to put together, yet I was scored a 64. I've noticed my scores have been different over the past few years, tho I'm not sure why. This is a prime example of how I don't understand why my score was so low.

Please help me understand the score I got and you may be on to helping me with my other hubs. If there is something I'm doing wrong, I would love to see what it is. I welcome constructive criticism.

Thank you in advance.
    Michele Kelsey

Here is the link:
    https://hubpages.com/travel/4-Road-Trip-Games

1. chef-de-jour profile image95
      chef-de-jourposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Try:

Shortening the title.
      Writing capsule titles with keywords in them. ie Introduction to the Road Games.
      Selecting fewer images.
      Rearranging the capsules so you have meaty information right at the start ie.
      Close read through and closer edit if needs be.
      If you have other high traffic/high scoring articles check them out and see what you can do with this low scoring one.

Bon voyage!!

misslong123posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Awesome feedback!

I'm not sure about shortening the title, because that will require me to leave out some important keywords in the title, but agree that it will be shorter.

I look forward to checking how these changes will improve my hyperlinks. as well as the rest of these suggestions.

I will check on doing these revisions now! Thank you so much! I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Thanks,
        Michele Kelsey

2. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I read your article and it is very good. I would not worry about the hub score. It means very little. It is arbitrary and rated by a primitive AI system.
      I do agree the title is a bit long. You can change it to something more SEO friendly. As you get more viewers to your article, your hub score will automatically rise.

Jackclee,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I found your words to be motivating and very helpful! I am going to look into changing the title. I agree that is it too long, but any changes I make will cut off some great keywords. However, this is the second time of this suggestion change, so I will do it; just got to figure out which keywords will be in and which will be out for the title.
        Thanks,
        Michele Kelsey

3. Cheryl E Preston profile image84
      Cheryl E Prestonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have articles that scored in the 60's but all were featured and several were chosen for other sites. So don't worry too much.

Thank you Cheryl!
        Thank is very encouraging to hear!
        I've been facing the same frustrations that you have! Many of mine are in their 60's and have no clue why.
        Thanks for words of wisdome!
        Michele Kelsey

2. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 4 years ago

It's clear you put some work into this post. The title is probably too long and the introduction should probably have a title that tempts a reader into it.

Thank you! I am so glad you can tell that I put the time and effort that I put into the hub. I will make the adjustments in to the title. I will also add in titles for the Introduction and Conclusion to make it clearer for the reader. Thank you fro the suggestion!

3. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 4 years ago

The article is filled with great information, but it needs to be organized in a way that is pleasant for the reader. I'd get rid of some of the photos, too, so the article is easier to read. The title, for example, is way too long. "Easy Road Trip Games for Kids and Adults" might work. I'd check the SEO for the best wording.

Kenna,
      Very useful and detailed information that should help me navigate thru this hub and correct any errors I might need to and/or make sure that the readers can flow freely through the article and for them to understand it easily.
      Michele Kelsey

4. Doneta Wrate profile image79
    Doneta Wrateposted 4 years ago

I have read that a title should never be longer than 58 spaces.  Google never considers long than 58 spaces.

Awesome information Doneta!
      Thank you for telling me this information for this hub and for any future hubs I write. This is a very helpful thing stat!
      Michele Kelsey

5. Doneta Wrate profile image79
    Doneta Wrateposted 4 years ago

I read on another article just last night by a different SEO nerd that Googles cut off was at 64-64 characters.  so take you pick.  That would give you room for one more keyword.

Thanks for the update Doneta!

I was in the middle of changing it... lol.

~Michele

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)