Saner Forum Posts

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 2 months ago

https://i.imgflip.com/2zln76.jpg

The HP forums have been subjected to the more erratic of my posts long enough. Those crap prescriptions and the combinations thereof actually do much more harm than good. That junk even causes real-world implications. Aside from embarrassing myself online, they have also destroyed my short-term memory function on more than one occasion during real-world interactions.

My beloved demented humor shall still remain, but the psychotic crap should soon (if not already) be gone. My apologies to all.

And a side note. If you are still young enough to worry about potential future employers, insurance companies, loan companies, etc.; don't ever post anything medical about yourself or your kids online. That's the kind of world we live in now.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 months ago

I've never seen you post anything I considered psychotic or goofy or weird. Now, this is probably because I look at the rabid stupidity in the political forums from time to time, and after seeing complete waffles like Jack Moonshine in there, nothing could look crazy after that.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 months ago

I should say that, as I'm no medical professional, I wouldn't advise people to do what I've done. Anyway, I stopped taking all my psych meds a few years ago. There were several reasons I stopped, but the ones that bothered me the most were that I was becoming fat. I gained so much weight I couldn't stand to look at myself in the mirror, as I was about to get into the shower.

.....and I became completely dependent on them to sleep. I couldn't sleep for days after I stopped taking them, but I finally got to rest again.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I researched and wrote an article on brain foods and anti-brain foods. Interestingly, there's an active ingredient in the spice turmeric that even the National Institute of Health says is good for the brain.

Needless to say and being a health article, it gets no traffic.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I started incorporating turmeric into things a few years back. I started using it because it was touted as a super anti-oxidant. And then I saw something about it boosting the mood or fighting depression.

I noticed at the grocery store it would be $4 or more for turmeric, but I could spend around $2 and get curry powder, turmeric being the number one ingredient.

2. lobobrandon profile image89
        lobobrandonposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Being Indian, turmeric is in almost everything I cook and it's not because of its taste. It's added in small quantities, so I doubt taste is the reason for it being there.

1. Will Apse profile image91
          Will Apseposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Don't washing machines sold in India have special settings for removing turmeric stains? I have several tee shirts that would benefit, lol. I am a careless cook...

1. lobobrandon profile image89

Yes but you have to circle the area of the stain to let it know which part you want yellowish colour removed from. Otherwise put in something yellow and it's out white. Yellow with black borders and the machine will get rid of the colour too.

1. Will Apse profile image91
              Will Apseposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I reckon that post was disingenuous, lol. But the BBC never lies:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-39176358

I knew I had read it somewhere.

Yup, this is the one I was referring to smile Life's Good with an LG.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image95
          Sherry Hewinsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I just want to stick up a little bit for the use of turmeric for the flavor. I have used it in cooking all of my life, long before I heard anything about it having medicinal qualities. It adds an earthy richness to rice dishes, soups, stews and many other things.

I can hardly taste the stuff. I definitely have seen the change in color for using it though..I can relate to Will's yellow stain comment.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95

If you put enough in you'll taste it. I had a cold, and a friend of mine mixed me up a medical concoction. I definitely tasted it, and not in a good way.

Turmeric in milk with some ginger is supposed to be good for when you have a cold. I taste it in there and it's not bad. But in some other stuff, it can be bad in excess smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image89

Zero energy today. Not even coffee is working. Maybe I'd work up some incentive to poke HP with a stick, but I'm fond of them at the moment. Be nice if a viable writing idea would come along. And who knows what memes are floating around my subconscious at the moment. Daily news is useless; it just induces depression day in and day out. Discipline is a pain in the neck; do chores for 10 minutes; collapse for 10 minutes; repeat.

Well hope you feel better soon. For the last year I've been doing things which I suspect will be much more profitable in the years to come than they are now. Basically, I'm writing about baby boomers.

Big Game of Thrones episode tonight. It's going to be one of the most watched things in the history of television. So I'm all up into that.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95

I hope you are right, we are a shrinking demographic.

This sounds really morbid and kind of creepy, but when famous people get sick, you get page views, and when they die, you may go semi-viral for a bit.

....so there is a strategy, but in truth I'm much more interested in my account being somewhat like an encyclopedia for my niche, and I'm attempting to do some bit of tribute to people who've meant something to me.

5. paradigmsearch profile image89

https://i.imgflip.com/2zr8o6.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)