What Could I do to get this hub on a network site

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. quotations profile image87
    quotationsposted 5 years ago

Hello

I have had a frustrating experience with this hub: https://hubpages.com/education/The-Nazi … -of-Canada

I was contacted by a hubpage editor who stated that the hub was being considered for a network site (I had not submitted it, so I felt pleased with the fact they liked it). But they said that in order for it to be included they wanted me to add my sources. The email instructed me to reply once I had added my sources. I did this and waited.

Then I got an email saying that the article was rejected and gave boilerplate reasons that it was rejected and listed the following possible reasons:

- didn't address the changes requested by the site's editor.

- is about a very general topic that is already extensively covered on Owlcation or elsewhere online. Perhaps you can add a new spin on the topic to make it your own. If your article is a popular (e.g., chocolate chip cookies) recipe, adding gorgeous, original, step-by-step photos is a great way to make it stand out from the rest.

-is about a YMYL (Your Money, Your Life) topic. YMYL articles need to be written by a professional or expert on the topic, by someone who has had personal experience with it, or list credible, well-cited sources.

-is about a current event and written in a way that won't be relevant to readers in the future. Perhaps you can expand on your topic and offer historical analysis or additional insight beyond covering the facts of the story.

-is unlikely to satisfy readers for some other reason. Your article might be deeply valuable to you, your friends, or your family, but not be written in a way that is useful or accessible to a wider audience. Or perhaps your article could be useful to readers, but it doesn't convey your experience or involvement with the topic.

The only one that might apply is the first one, if they felt I didnt address the sourcing issue. Have I done anything wrong from what you can see?

Is it worth re-submitting and if so what would you recommend I change?

Thanks!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

They most likely rejected it due to the topic.  Undoubtedly there are many similar articles on the net.  When this happens, the best thing to do is delete it and move on.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi, friend, I had not much experience on the niche sites to offer any help at the moment. Once, early this year, I wrote a short hub on a mermaid story. Surprisedly, I was by an email informed that it has been lifted up to a niche site. I contact the editors but no response has been sent to me. How can Ibe of help here? Thank you.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 years ago

I have a couple of suggestions. The article needs a thorough proof reading; I found several small but niggling errors.

I suggest explaining earlier that this was a faked invasion. I understand the attraction of the element of surprise but some people don't have the patience to read the whole story and might leave before learning the truth. Indeed one of your commenters  thought it was for real. This is how wildly outrageous untruths spread around on the Internet.

The images should be credited as to source and must be free of copyright restrictions.

Hope that helps.

3. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

Quotations, Since your article came close to being moved over to a niche site, I would reach out to Team HubPages and ask for clarification. You earned their attention, and it would be easier for you to pinpoint the problem the editor had with the article. At least, you will have closure and a chance to edit and resubmit in 60 days.

4. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

I enjoyed reading the article very much. It was certainly educational for me because it described an event that I've never heard of before. I don't think you should give up the effort to get it switched to Owlcation.

I agree with Rupert about letting people know that what they are about to read isn't what it seems. When they reach the end of the hub and read the explanation, some people might feel that they've been misled by the article and that they shouldn't have bothered reading it. You've been creative in writing the article, so perhaps you could think of a creative way to hint at the start that the story isn't completely accurate.

5. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 years ago

Adding to what TIMETRAVELLER2 said. The word Nazi seems to send the Google bot into paroxysms of anguish no matter how condemnatory of the beast you are. This causes it to shut off advertising to the article and HP has to comply. Not fair, but it seems to be the way it is.

6. Glenn Stok profile image95
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

The email you received from HubPages says they want you to include your sources. But you did not follow up as required. Here are three points I can recommend:

1. I see you added some sources at the end, but it’s more useful if you tag each source to the specific phrase in your article that pertains to each individual source. Without that, the source references don’t help much.

2. Source reference should also be in APA format to meet stellar hub standards.

3. In addition, you did not include source information for your images. You need to show that they are not protected by copyright, and that they can be used commercially.

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

The topic is certainly not over-done.  But they want to be sure it is accurate.  As Glen said, add citations.  Also, don't wait so long to explain what the exercise really was.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)