It's Hubbie Season!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (26 posts)
  1. samanthacubbison profile image81
    samanthacubbisonposted 4 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/14830346_f1024.jpg

It's that time of year again! The polls are officially open for the 9th Annual Hubbie awards! You have two weeks to submit your vote, so take your time and consider your choices carefully—no rush! Here are the categories:

1. Best All-Around Article
    2. Best All-Around Hubber
    3. Forums Guru
    4. Newbie of the Year
    5. Funniest Hubber
    6. Most Bizzare Article
    7. Most Inspiring Article
    8. Most Versatile Hubber
    9. Most Active Hubber
    10. HubPages Lifetime Achievement (Staff Picked)

The Prizes

Winners in each category will receive some official HubPages swag. (To be determined!)

The Rules

Before you cast your vote, there are a few ground rules to keep in mind. Each Hubber may only vote once, so make sure that you've got your list of nominees ready to go. Nominations submitted after Friday, January 24th at midnight will not be counted. If you do not have a Hubber or article to nominate for every category, it's ok to leave spaces blank.

Get Voting!

Be sure to show your support and cast your votes for your favorites. You have until the 24th! If you're ready, proceed to the Official Hubbie Voting form. Remember, you can only vote once, so take your time figuring out which articles and Hubbers you'd like to nominate.

Happy voting!

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I haven't been on this site a lot for over a year or two, so I won't be voting as i don't think it would be fair, but I do wish all of you the best of luck though. smile

samanthacubbisonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You can still vote if you find an article that you feel fits a category. Glad to have you on the site!

2. Coffeequeeen profile image82
      Coffeequeeenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have cast my vote!  I love Hubpages and the community spirit on here.

2. Larry Slawson profile imageSTAFF
    Larry Slawsonposted 4 years ago

Awesome!  I was actually thinking about the Hubbie Awards this morning (wondering when the next one would be held haha). Glad to see HubPages continuing this tradition. Good luck everyone smile

Congrats, you are now psychic. We wanted to wait until after the holidays to assure that more people will be around to participate. smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Change #6 from "Most Bizarre Article" to "Most Bizarre Hubber", then I'll have a shot. big_smile

It's not fair to the others if we already know that you'll win by a landslide!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You gave me a true LOL.  Let the festivities begin. Come to think of it; if I get the spark, I'll resurrect my meme phase.

Please, anything but the memes.

4. KC3Lady profile image59
    KC3Ladyposted 4 years ago

Thank you for letting us know!

5. theraggededge profile image87
    theraggededgeposted 4 years ago

I've been doing my research, got all categories filled except best newbie. Do we have to rely on memory or is there some way of finding people who joined in the last year? Thing is, they don't all frequent the forums so how do we know?

They don't necessarily need to be "new," just authors who are on their way up and showing a lot of potential.

1. Glenn Stok profile image95
        Glenn Stokposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh well, I submitted my list already on Friday and didn’t know of one for best newbie (only because I haven’t focused on newbies). “Up and coming” is a better term for that category that would include anyone on their way up with potential. Thanks for mentioning that Samantha. I’ll keep that in mind when I vote again next year. LOL.

6. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 4 years ago

Well, it wasn't easy but I have managed to fill in every category. I voted for all different people this year. Would be good to see a few new names as winners.

7. Al Stine profile image93
    Al Stineposted 4 years ago

To make the voting process easier for some of us that are new, you might try to create a dropdown list that has the names of the nominated Hubbers or articles. The current voting process can serve as a nomination process that can run for a month before the final voting process starts. The Hubbers and articles with the highest nominations can be awarded a badge to signify their nomination and category. When the voting starts, only the nominated Hubbers and articles will be available to select from. This will ensure that the final votes are not thinly stretched out among many Hubbers and articles. The eventual winner will also have the privilege of obtaining new and independent votes from Hubbers that initially might have not voted for him/her.
    The current process presents a challenge to new Hubbers that might not be able to remember the names of the other Hubbers, so they will decide not to vote. The older Hubbers might also have a fixed voting patterns owing to well-established friendships and relationships, but if their preferred Hubber is not available on the list, they will be prompted to vote for another Hubber on merit. This will give award opportunities to lesser-known Hubbers.
    Democracy... wink

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

To meme? Or not to meme? That is the question. Fortunately, my meme spark still hasn't arrove; still too busy with the updating blitz. Meanwhile, moderators lurking and waiting... big_smile

9. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago

I think it would be easier for the average hubber if we had a list of nominees to go from. If we are not active on the forums, and not so familiar with other hubbers, maybe you don't care about our opinions.still, much like the national elections, if we had a list to choose from, maybe it would make the choice easier, therefore, more likely to get a vote.

1. Alyona Gorbatova profile image52
      Alyona Gorbatovaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great idea! I would like to vote, but can't choose anyone because I'm new here.

2. Glenn Stok profile image95
      Glenn Stokposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sherry, There are presently 45,794 Hubbers with published content on HubPages. Providing an entire list of nominees would not be useful. You already have a more manageable and reasonable list to choose from, the 141 Hubbers you are following.

I say vote for whoever has the prettiest avatar.

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
          DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am leaving all of the slots blank. (Like the PDS avatar.) Does that mean that you get all of those votes?

Yes it does.

2. Jodah profile image89
        Jodahposted 4 years agoin reply to this

+1 Yes, I choose from among those that I follow. I already know I like their work and I can find someone to fit each category.

10. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 4 years ago

Got my vote in...hard to choose on a few

11. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Done! Good luck to all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)