jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

the good guy?

1. cupid51 profile image74
    cupid51posted 7 years ago

The true leader should have the natural ability to control over the followers. He should also have an ideal character, appealing personality  and a clear vision.

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 7 years agoin reply to this

and a pure heart.  My boys love the Aladin movie when younger.  A true leader should be a 'diamond in the rough'

2. jerseys09 profile image61
      jerseys09posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Say who's a good guy?  Aladin.  You ain't trashin' Aladin are ya?  sure, he was a thief and a liar but hey, it all worked out in the end didn't it?

2. mr. daydream profile image60
    mr. daydreamposted 7 years ago

Always finishes last (lol)

1. jerseys09 profile image61
      jerseys09posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No

2. tobey100 profile image60

In reality? No.  In this world?  Yes

Do you know why you say that?

Seems in these modern times we're only concerned with the destination.  How we make the trip doesn't seem to concern folks to much.  Sort of "doesn't matter how you get there just so ya get there'  To me, the kind of trip you make is just as important as where you arrive.

Gotta go bust some dudes.  Back tonight, I hope.  Later

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Leaders in today's society is a myth. They are simple people in positions that do more harm than good.

The good guy? Is a person who has the higher moral standard for living and treats others with honesty in their action. They are honest with themselves and love themselves enough to love others.

4. profile image0
    Denno66posted 7 years ago

There are no good guys. Just ask the bad guys; they'll tell you.

5. Daniel Carter profile image79
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

It seems to me, and I may be very wrong, that most "leaders" are more about building their own egos than truly leading. It's kind of an illness that's become extremely popular. There's also this idea that we somehow need to transfer responsibility for our lives to someone else to fix. Not in all cases, but really, the more we rely on someone else to fix things in our lives, the more angry and disallusioned we're going to become about leaders, governments and organizations.

I think a lot of present leaders are good guys in many respects, but "good" takes second place to their own egos.

I think it's a paradigm shift to begin to have real leaders among us, as well as a paradigm shift for their followers expectations.

I'll agree, and I see that paradigm shift coming very soon. smile big_smile

6. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 7 years ago

I do believe you've nailed it DC!

7. profile image0
    Denno66posted 7 years ago

They'll be comin' 'round the mountain when they come.......

8. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 7 years ago

I hate to play the strident female but are good guys, guys?  Aren''t you forgetting us girls?

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago

A true leader, leads. They possess qualities that others admire and that make others wish to follow, and to emulate.

2. Daniel Carter profile image79
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

My take is the true leader leads him/herself. If others note these good qualities, they have the opportunity to become as these people are.

However, since we are mostly like ships without rudders, we look to someone greater than ourselves to guide us. It seems only a few realize they have all they need within themselves to guide and lead their own way. It's a process that must come through self awareness, I believe.

working