jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)

Google Keywords Tool???

1. G Miah profile image79
    G Miahposted 7 years ago

I've read a lot of hubs on the Google Keyword Tool, and the problem i have is trying to understand how to use it. Now, when i upload the site i type in the words to add as tags for my hubs, which is very helpful.

The problem is, if you sign up for Adwords, do you get access to more resources for keywords or is it similar to Keywords Tool? And does it cost money? this is what i cannot understand yet!

I've read in other hubs that you can check how much the clicks are worth plus do other things. I can't use my Google account to access it, because it says it is already a registered Google account! (Very confusing!).

I just need some information on how to use the Keywords Tool effectively, and how the Adwords works. Maybe i'm not paying attention to something? It's probably very simple, and i'm thinking it is confusing?

PLEASE HELP!!!

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It gives an indication of the average a click costs. How much it'll be worth to the Publisher is anyones guess. But at least you can get an idea of whether or not it's worth basing a hub on that keyword. I figure if it's US$0.05 then it's worth nothing and I avoid using that specific keyword.

Be sure to change the "Match Type" from "broad" to "exact".

Broad will give you an indication of how many searches has the keyword in it, Exact will tell you exactly how many searches are being made for your specific keyword phrase (even if it's just one word).

A broad search for "new zealand" has a Global Monthly Search Volume of 11,100,000. So that includes people searching for "travel new zealand", "new zealand pictures", "new zealand information", etc. But the amount of people searching for just "new zealand" is 550,000.

Both searches are handy, and give two different stories. But don't forget to make the Match Type "exact" so you know how many people are looking for that specific phrase.

2. Appletreedeals profile image70
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

The best answer to help you is to suggest you enter "google Keywords" into the hubpages search bar. There are a lot of very good hubs explaining all aspects of this tool, and best keyword practices.

3. Misha profile image78
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

I did not see any difference between free tool and the one inside adwords. They gave identical information last time I checked. smile

G Miahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When i logged in to adwords it only allows me to add ads on websites etc, but i only use Hubpages @ the moment. I'll have to find some time and research eveything before i go any further.

Thank you for your help.

4. Appletreedeals profile image70
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

Misha - I think free keyword tool use has limited number of times you can use it before you have to get an Adword account. At least that was my experience. Used it a lot, then one day couldn't use it anymore, had to get Adword account.

But that's no problem because it is a free account, you don't have to buy adwords just because you have the account. But it does allow unlimited keyword tool use. Which I agree is basically the same.

1. Misha profile image78
      Mishaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Never asked me - but I don't use it that often, so might be because of that. smile

5. HubChief profile image78
    HubChiefposted 7 years ago

i use it all the time free.

I signed up but the login-based is complex to understand.

Free one is brining enough $$$.

6. sunforged profile image76
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

No difference as a logged in adwords user.

what i think your missing, is the small drop down options box that has the option of showing estimated ecp (the prices you want)

That's right, where else are htose information available?

1. deartfuldodger profile image58
        deartfuldodgerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

G miah, the box is located right in adwords for everyone its on the right side its a drop down box, its there, look for it and select the option , estimated epc

7. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Adwords only costs money if you start an actual advertising campaign, you can do research for free!

8. G Miah profile image79
    G Miahposted 7 years ago

Thank you very much for all the support. As you can guess, i am still learning and trying to take in as much as i can.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

9. DevinG profile image61
    DevinGposted 7 years ago

Good question! It helped me as well smile

Glad to hear it DevinG. I was like a lost person until people helped me, and it turns out it is very simple!

Now i have got to learn how to increase traffic, and although i have linked up the hubs, it doesn't seem to increase. Hmm, that's another matter and maybe a simple solution to it like the keywords tool. Let's be patient and see what haappens.

1. wyanjen profile image79
        wyanjenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's no time to be patient G Miah wink
        Increasing traffic takes some effort.

Start with Chapter One:
        http://hubpages.com/hub/backlinking

There are many, many hubs and forums that explain backlinks. Roll up your sleeves and have fun!
        big_smile

Thanks for the encouragement!

I will take backlinking on face to face and thrash the beast until it gives in and sends people my way! big_smile

I've already done some but there's hundreds out there!!! Takes hours and hours, which of course has got to be done if i want to be successful.

2. chinese bonsai profile image54
          chinese bonsaiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this, good information on backlinking!

See how the forum helps everyone out! Great isn't it? People are always willing to help. You probably won't find this anywhere else!

2. DevinG profile image61
        DevinGposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Let me know when you find out and I will do the same for you!

No problemo! smile

working