jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Does order of keyword effect results on search engines?

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image80
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago

I found a key phrase that has very high volume with little competition. So I Googled the phrase to see what comes up. The top results are the same words in reverse order. That phrase is a very high volume with high competition. So, if I word my phrase with the least competition, will it come up before those that are the opposite with a lot of competition?

Thanks!

2. Wayne Orvisburg profile image80
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago

Or, should I refer to the questions page?

3. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 7 years ago

the order of the words does matter. If the term you are looking at using is highly searched in the order you use while everyone else is using the same words in reverse you will come up before them because you are an exact match. the only words that usually have little to no effect are the stop words like " the,and,a, etc."

for example glue stick vs stick glue  if glues stick is highly competitive and there are millions of results but stick glue is still highly searched with almost no results for the exact order then use that one to get a higher rank. A higher rank in a less searched term is better than a poor rank in a highly searched term.

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image80
      Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! That's what I was hoping.

4. Peter Hoggan profile image75
    Peter Hogganposted 7 years ago

Use both versions if you can. The fact that your search returned pages with your query in reverse order shows how little an exact term match within the content really matters. Ultimately it comes down to the way you link to the page, use both versions in your content and the anchor text of inbound links this way you get the best of both worlds.

working