Has anyone tried 30 days 30 articles kind of a challenge?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)
  1. profile image0
    yourrandombrotherposted 3 years ago

Has anyone tried 30 days 30 articles kind of a challenge? And what effects has it shown to your analytics in terms of your traffics, ads and revenue.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 3 years ago

You can try it, but it's not advisable. Quality not quantity is what works here. As a grizzled old journalist, my view is that it's not possible to write a high quality article in one day. You can write a superficial piece in that time frame but, in the long run, a well-crafted and researched piece will win out.

1. profile image0
      yourrandombrotherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the insight.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I wish I had that kind of free time. Lately I have enough trouble coming up with one hub every 30 days.

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 3 years ago

Rupert is right. Back in the day, 30 day challenges on here were common and often encouraged. But nowadays, quality is king.

1. profile image0

I agree quality is the king. I was only asking if somebody has done that or not, and what kind of effect it has produced on your traffic or on your earnings. It's quite understandable when you are looking for a quality article it is difficult to come up with every day of a month.

5. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 3 years ago

I have done them, but not here on Hubpages.
    It was alot of fun & quite the challenge

1. profile image0

Mind telling me the other sites that you write for, I'm new here and I'm also looking for different avenues make some passive income through writing.

6. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 3 years ago

I did it, I posted 32 articles in 30 days, and I was lucky that all of them get featured in no time, some of them were moved to niche sites, I gained a lot of traffic too, but my hubbers score went down badly from 81 to 42 within 3-4 days.

This thing stressed me a lot for a week or so, then a fellow hubber on a forum discussion advised me to stop writing articles for a few days and to update the ones already posted but to do it out of HubPages and once it has done, update using the edit button from the authors view tab.

I followed the steps, and now am gaining back my lost scores.
    It is what I experienced
    now I am writing articles but just 3 or 4 a week
    because I want to make it richer in quality

Blessings smile

1. profile image0

What's the significance of these scores? I've always wanted to know but never got an answer. And how do we increase it?

7. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 3 years ago

I saw a lot of ppl with low hubber scores although they are nice writers
    But I myself felt discouraged
    It shows how you well you are doing here

You can read my form discussion to get know the whole thing
    Where a lot of hubbers told me, how much these scores matters
    And what else I can do to gain the scores back

1. Misbah786 profile image86
      Misbah786posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Read this forum discussion to get know the value of these scores
      https://hubpages.com/community/forum/35 … ers-scores

8. profile image0
    yourrandombrotherposted 3 years ago

Thanks

1. Misbah786 profile image86
      Misbah786posted 3 years agoin reply to this

pleasure smile

9. GwennyOh profile image89
    GwennyOhposted 3 years ago

I have not tried and would fear to try. I feel I'd have all my chores waiting for me after, have dilute quality articles posted as a result, and a long lineup of editing to do after the fact. I won't try it, but wish luck to those who do.

10. Abby Slutsky profile image94
    Abby Slutskyposted 3 years ago

I have gotten pretty close to that when I first started. (I think my second or third month here.) I got lucky with one article. I would say that quantity gives you a better chance of getting an article the search engines like, but only if you can do it without sacrificing quality.

1. profile image0

I agree, it will hamper the quality of the content.

11. Isivwe Muobo profile image71
    Isivwe Muoboposted 3 years ago

30 articles in 30 days would put you under a lot of pressure and it'd be very likely to sacrifice quality trying to meet up.

I would go for a less stressful option like one article every three days, which would come down to 10 articles a month, and then as you get the hang of this schedule, you can work your way up to a new challenge.

12. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 3 years ago

I've done it. It was grueling, but in my case I don't feel it hampered the quality of the content I was producing. If anything, I think it challenged me to write better quality content. You can always edit your hubs after you've produced them.

30 tends to be the minimum number of posts on a blog to catch the eye of regular readers, and therefore I would personally consider it the minimum number of articles a HubPages account should want to have. (Most of mine have far fewer than 30 articles, but I also had spent a lot of time not writing.)

You can edit the articles after they have been published, and therefore I think this challenge is good for anyone who would like to get their account established quickly. QAP should catch anything that is of substandard quality.

I published two hubs yesterday, although I had begun both of them over the weekend and outlined the articles before I wrote the content for them.

I disagree with many here, though: I do feel that this can be done and done at high quality depending on a number of factors, including the length of the article, the speed at which you write, and the format the article takes. If you lean heavily on lists (which I do), the article can both be highly readable for your reader as well as quick to write.

13. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 3 years ago

I took part in the challenge here, years ago. Twice actually. I found it quite exciting and fun.

I must say it helped me build up my accounts (3) in no time. And I started to have an increase in earnings too.

I can’t attempt to do the challenge anymore. Writing articles is no more fun for me. It has become a chore. But I’m glad my earnings still come in steadily.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)