jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Please help with my ads

1. Mighty J-Kep profile image60
    Mighty J-Kepposted 7 years ago

Hello.
    Please review my layout and Amazon/AdSense placement.
    Are my ads placed in the right spots?

thanks so much

http://hubpages.com/hub/hubble-supernova-pictures

1. screation profile image71
      screationposted 7 years agoin reply to this

hey Mighty i checked your hub, adsense and amazon ads are at the right place but if you want to earn good with google adsense then i will suggest you that reduce the size or shift of your top image with the title of  "Hubble Telescope photo of Supernova 1987A" from that location to anywhere else because it is the best place where the CTR is very high.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Well, you're Amazon ads seem to be placed better good and Adsense has placed their ads in the right places. So, you seem pretty well set.

Looks good. smile

3. Ohma profile image76
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

I have been told that if I move my first picture down further in the page it will allow google ad to be where that pic is and that is the prime spot for that ad. Since I am still learning myself I do not know for sure if it works. I have edited some of my hubs in this way to see if it helps.

1. yoshi97 profile image73
      yoshi97posted 7 years agoin reply to this

By moving the pic down you definitely get some more ad space for Google. Also, you need to make your paragraphs long enough to display this extra block or they still might get gobbled up. smile

4. Mighty J-Kep profile image60

thanks.

It is really hard to figure it out when you don't have enough traffic to see whether what you're doing will work.

I hate to start fiddling around with it if it is OK anyway... y'know?

smile

5. Mighty J-Kep profile image60

Phew.

I surely hope you realize how much work you have now created for me.
    (And, how much I appreciate this advice!)

Hubbers rock!

1. yoshi97 profile image73
      yoshi97posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Always glad to help. I learned the hard way, so I do what I can to nurture the curve for others where I can. smile

1. Mighty J-Kep profile image60
        Mighty J-Kepposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks my dragon friend. I tend to do the same.
        I hope though, that I have not given the wrong advice.

smile

6. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Hi Mighty,

The ads look fine, just wanted to say that I think that's a great hub, very informative and entertaining!

What you could now do is create a hub on the top five home telescopes, and link from your Hubble hub to your telescopes hub, and you might even get some home astronomers to buy some amazon products for you!

7. Mighty J-Kep profile image60

oli:
    Thanks for the compliment. smile

I'm still working on my paragraphs, as yoshi suggested, but I'm feeling much better with the input I've gotten.

I was a little bummed out when I put my keywords through the Google KeyWord tool. I snagged the best of them, but they are not hot ticket KWs for sure.
    I blew it off because this hub is one that I wrote for fun.

But - your Amazon suggestion is beautiful. I hadn't thought about it! lol

My on-deck hubs are about the specific planets, and then the specific space and ground-based telescopes. Hubble will have it's very own hub. Hubble hub.

So, your suggestion is perfect. Thanks!!

8. Mighty J-Kep profile image60

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy036.gif

I got it to work! big_smile
    Made my para's longer, dropped the photo, and now there are more ads.

thanks again everybody!

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Due to the length of the hub, you're missing the adsense ads that would appear before the section where you can rate up or down a hub.

The box/strip those(rate up/down) buttons are in, right above it, there is adsense space, but the hub is too long, so it negates it.

I also noticed that you have too many key words. I think I counted 24 or 25 key words/tags.

I've been told by a lot of hubbers that 9-15 is optimum.

I've also been told, if you go over 20-25 or higher, then you could suffer on GOOGLE indexing. smile

Otherwise, it looks good. smile

9. Mighty J-Kep profile image60

OK!

RE: adsense missing at the bottom; I'm not bothered by that. I've got my Amazon capsule down there and frankly, if somebody is willing to read that far down, I'd rather see them follow one of the links I've got there instead of clicking an ad.
    No, I'm not an internet marketing strategist. lol This hub is for nerds to enjoy.

Now since you brought up my key words: Yup, I'm struggling a little. I'm not sure if long tail keywords include "what is a" or "how to" phrases.

I'm trying to avoid using "black hole" for instance. Should I or should I not put "what is a black hole" in a tag? I'm not sure if a phrase like that is good or bad.
    big_smile

working