Can an Article on HubPages.com Be Submitted To Discover.Hubpage.com?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 2 years ago

If I have an article on HubPages.com is there a way to submit it to the HubPages editors, so they can determine if it qualifies for Discover.Hubpage.com?

1. Miebakagh57 profile image68
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Not necessary. Any article on hubpages.com is moved by the editors to either discover, or the niche site networks. And it depends on the degree of how good the article is.                                             Obviously, no instructions has ever been given to writers to submit articles to editors to be placed on discover.

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I just went through the steps to submit to an article to a niche site. Discover is not listed as an option, so I see no mechanism to submit to it. But, I do think there should be since we can revise them making them suitable to be on it.

1. bravewarrior profile image86
        bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Any new articles written will automatically go to Discover once it becomes featured. Any older ones won't be moved until they're either updated or receive new comments. At least that was before comments were disable globally.

+++++ A+

2. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 years ago

I don't think there is a mechanism for that. How some articles get from HubPages to Discover and others don't is a bit of a mystery that has been discussed here before.

Most of us are bewildered that some "articles" that are blatant spam or very poorly written make it onto Discover, while perfectly acceptable but not stellar articles languish in the slop bucket.

My suggestion is to delete the article in question and wait a couple of weeks or so in order for it to be de-indexed by Google, then rework it and resubmit it. If you resubmit it too quickly it might get flagged as duplicate content.

Rupert, thank you for the later part of your suggestion. It's a serious point.

3. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

The trouble is that many old but quite good articles are languishing on HubPages and not considered for Discover while many new, but inferior articles go straight there. I wonder if we submit the old articles to a niche site but they aren’t considered quite good enough, do they they then go to discover?

1. Shesabutterfly profile image93
      Shesabutterflyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

In my experience when I have submitted an article to a niche site it was moved to Discover while it waited in the que. Those that passed moved to the niche site and those that were not accepted stayed on Discover.

Edit: This was before you had to guess the right niche site. I don't know if it would work now that it seems some aspects of submitting articles have changed. I would hope so considering we can't submit directly to Discover.

2. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's a good question, John.

4. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 2 years ago

You could try submitting to a network site by clicking on the button and maybe they'd consider putting it on Discover if it doesn't reach the standard for a niche site.. Alternatively, email them.

eugbug, you're forthcoming.

2. Rock_nj profile image90
      Rock_njposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I decided to submit it to a network site in hopes it either gets selected for the site or gets reconsidered for Discover.

5. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 years ago

John. No, I've tried that and it doesn't work. If you submit a HubPages piece to a niche and it doesn't make it, it goes back to HubPages.

It also seems that if you report rubbish on Discover nothing happens. I've tried that and am discouraged by the amount of total crap that gets past whatever filters are employed.

6. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 2 years ago

No. However, if you edit an article that happens to be with the Hubpage.com designation and don't send it to a niche sites, it often ends up in discover.hubpage.com.

Dean, it's true but not always. I've experienced that.                                 However, Ruperts' make a serious point and suggestion. Enjoy your day.

7. bhattuc profile image84
    bhattucposted 2 years ago

If the article is above a certain quality threshold, it automatically goes to the discover and there is no need to apply for it.

Absolutely. But the important thing is traffic. Otherwise, it'll revert back to discover.

2. Rock_nj profile image90

It was published in 2013. I think it's high enough quality for Discover and was overlooked. I'll see if they moveit.

Rock, the best that you can do is to redo and re-edit the article including the title, and sub-title.                                 It'll fly.                                                An article that is stopped for nearly eight years, needs an ever-green-polish. Bring that to the body. It'll make it fly high.

1. Rock_nj profile image90

Thanks for the advice!  :-)

Rock, you're always welcome.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)