Not indexed in google yet even after building backlinks

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)
  1. gr8wellwisher profile image72
    gr8wellwisherposted 2 years ago

I wrote an article; https://discover.hubpages.com/art/How-t … ee-with-AI
    It's been more than a week it's not indexed. Google has its terms if the article is already on an indexed site, the article will be indexed fast. I also made backlinks, strong social shares (even my share on Reddit got trending and that post of my share got indexed on google in 1 hour).

1. eugbug profile image95
      eugbugposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It can take that long and if it gets moved to a network site, it may take another week for that to be indexed. Sometimes Google takes months or a year to update titles of articles when they're changed.

2. CYong74 profile image95
      CYong74posted 2 years agoin reply to this

It takes time to get indexed. Probably longer for Discover because of all sorts of reasons.

Backlinks, social shares, etc, rarely helps. Especially those you created yourself. I.E. UGC links.

In the end, it's the quality of your content. How unique it is, how well written it is, etc. Not to pour it on but you really need to improve the language if you want Google to understand what you're writing. Do know too that Grammarly is an editing tool, not a writing tool. It is also far from perfect. You must be able to detect your own errors. Your hub is currently full of that.

3. Kenna McHugh profile image91
      Kenna McHughposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You have some good advice here. I suggest you follow it.

2. theraggededge profile image97
    theraggededgeposted 2 years ago

Not sure about the indexing, but you need to tidy up your title. It's NFT and AI. Maybe that will make a difference?

How to Make NFT Art Free with AI

And this sentence is incorrect, "the two AI applications I will be talking about are one of their kind."

Two different things cannot be one of their kind. It needs rewording.

There are errors like that all the way through, "the second application makes it even lazy, which does not require a keyword." Should be 'easier', not 'lazy.' It should read, "the second application makes it even easier because it does not require a keyword."
    My suggestion is that you get someone to give it a thorough proofreading. Run it through Grammarly and then Hemingway (both free).

Good luck.

gr8wellwisherposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, ma'am, you are right about the title but as this was the first title I was reminded again and again by the tips on upper-right to change your title to get featured. That's why I did it.
      I wrote a completely different article but it was being rejected by HubPages then I wrote an email to the editor with the issue and he cleared my article asap it was surely a problem with their moderation software I believe.
      I used Grammarly many times thanks for the suggestion.
      I will update it for sure.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
        PaulGoodman67posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Bev's correct, your English is not good. That means you will likely struggle, indexing or no indexing. There's more to it than just getting the spelling right.

Paul, it is not full of mistakes there are just some you can not say that my English is not good just for that reason I told I had to change it as it was accepted by HubPages (featured) there might be some mistakes that I made when updating my article (to get it featured).

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95

There are problems like punctuation and sentence structure, use of tenses. If you don't see problems with unwieldy sentences like the one I've put below, written by you in a comment above, that's an issue. There's a limit to what software like Grammarly can do.

"I wrote a completely different article but it was being rejected by HubPages then I wrote an email to the editor with the issue and he cleared my article asap it was surely a problem with their moderation software I believe."

Yes, some mistakes I must've made in the panic when my article was rejected, at first, but I got the email from editorial staff that they stopped indexing due to the quality check (again).

1. theraggededge profile image97
                theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

But you still haven't fixed any of them. You've spent time posting here when you could have been editing your article.

Suggestion: write shorter sentences. One sentence = one point. One paragraph = one idea expanding on the first sentence.

For example, the paragraph beginning "NFT stands for non-fungible token." Rather than explaining the concept simply (as you promised), it goes off on a complex and unrelated tangent about crypto.

If you carefully read your text aloud, you may be able to pick up all this convoluted awkwardness.

That whole paragraph can be distilled down to:

"NFT stands for non-fungible token. 'Non-Fungible' means it is unique and non-replaceable. NFT can be any digital file, such as audio, video, or photo that is stored on a blockchain.

More words do not equal better writing. One essential skill in writing is knowing which words should be cut.

I have updated my article but I can't change the whole para you told me to do so. I think it is good for a newbie. Thanks for your suggestion.

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image95

There's no question, in my opinion, that the emailed you received from staff is correct and the writing is low quality.

Software of any sort cannot fix the problems that Bev and I have outlined: issues like sentence structure, punctuation, syntax. You need to find a real human to help you, who has a strong command of written English.

Then you need to rewrite your article.

You look like a veteran writer, but you still don't know that it's a general forum rule never to point out anyone's linguistic error. @theraggededge has also pointed out my mistake rather than replying with bad comments on my English.
                  The editorial staff was never dissatisfied with my English, if they were, my article hadn't been featured. I believe, I wrote a perfect article, but in the panic of being not featured at first (which was a software-side bug for sure) I changed the article again and again. After I emailed the HubPages staff they immediately featured my article.
                  But some of the mistakes pointed out by @theraggededge are appreciated.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)