Links Capsule Suggestion

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Dan Ferrell profile image96
    Dan Ferrellposted 8 months ago

I remember receiving a HubPages newsletter a few weeks ago announcing or favoring the use of the Links capsule in our articles.

I've been using them in all my articles to include related articles I've written that can be helpful with the current topic.

But today I received a notification about an edit to one of my articles, telling me that those links were instead distributed throughout the article where readers could access them more easily.

This is the address to the edited-article:
    https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/Car- … -Diagnosis

My question is:

Is this format preferred in HubPages now? And What is going to be the use of the "Links" capsule?

Does somebody know?

Thanks

UPDATE:

I took a closer look, and it seems they are transferring pertinent links to the article and leaving the rest in the Links capsule. I think that's what happening.

So, I'm wondering if this is going to be the new preferred way to handle related links?

1. JerryFisher profile image93
      JerryFisherposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Read your article as I also write on Axle Addict - That's one very comprehensive article you've written there. But sorry - I can't answer the links question. There's about six or so writers here that are never far from this forum and very knowledgeable and happy to help. One is (I think) Earbug and the other PaulGoodman - I'd suggest jumping into an ongoing forum post where they're contributing and posting this question for them to see.

2. WriterJanis profile image90
      WriterJanisposted 8 months agoin reply to this

I also have a couple of articles on AxleAddict as well as articles on other niche sites. I use the links capsule for citing sources.
      Here's an example you can check out: https://axleaddict.com/auto-industry/wh … alibur-car

1. JerryFisher profile image93
        JerryFisherposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Nice article too. Yes I see what you mean. I’ve had a couple of articles edited recently by the editors and that’s exactly what they’ve done to them - generally Wiki links, but I might just go through the lot and add a lot more. Thanks.

1. WriterJanis profile image90
          WriterJanisposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Thank you!

3. Kenna McHugh profile image93
      Kenna McHughposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hi Dan, I am a little confused, too, because Angel posted in the forum about two weeks ago about using link capsules instead of text links and that this was part of the product guidelines.

Here is the Official Announcement: https://hubpages.com/community/forum/35 … guidelines

Dan Ferrellposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hi Kenna,

I believe the change to the in-text link for other related articles in our piece has to do with the new Google update (that's my wild guess). I don't have the link now for that info on the Google update right now. But I did read about it a few days ago.
        Using the Amazon capsule seems to perform better than the Amazon in-text links, though, as Angel explained in the forum post.
        As I remembered, the HubPages team announced that using the links capsule would be a good way to showcase other related articles to the current piece.
        But then, when I received a message from the editors about moving the links in the capsule to the body of the article, I did get confused. Later, I realized the links capsule was not disappearing altogether. Instead, the more pertinent links were being moved to the body of the piece, and others were left in the links-capsule.
        I think everything will sore out in a few days. I don't think we should worry too much about it but take note of the changes.
        If you have relevant work you've published, for example, you may want to link those to the current work. But that doesn't mean you should discard the links capsule.
        I hope this makes sense.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image93

I see. I've used the link capsule a couple of times for references.

2. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 8 months agoin reply to this

That was for Amazon capsules, not link capsules. They are different smile

1. Kenna McHugh profile image93

Oh, thank you! That cleared up the confusion.

2. Angel Jennings profile imageSTAFF
    Angel Jenningsposted 8 months ago

Hi Dan,

I’m not able to find the newsletter you’re referring to, so I apologize for not being able to address that question!

The editor chose to disperse the links and interlink within the body of the article using important keywords as anchor text to help readers and search engines better understand your content. This strategy can encourage readers to spend more time reading your articles and may boost the ranking potential of the linked pages.

Another benefit is that readers may not always scroll to the end of the article to find a related links section, so dispersing the links throughout the article will give readers easier access to resources/related content.

We still support the use of Link Capsules, as they are an important tool for providing organized lists of additional references or related content. If you would prefer to keep the resources in the Link Capsule, you can remove those interlinks and reinstate them in a Link Capsule. You can read more about our increased interlinking strategy in this forum post.

Please feel free to contact editors@hubpages.com if you have any questions!

Take care,
    Angel

Dan Ferrellposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hi Angel

Thanks for explaining the SEO strategy behind moving links within the body of the article. I always try to follow the editor's recommendations, since my knowledge of keyword use in a webpage is very limited.

I thought I'd misunderstood the previous guidelines.

I'll try to follow suit in my next articles.

Thanks again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)