jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I have a Question about these Hubpages.

1. Sweetkisses9187 profile image64
    Sweetkisses9187posted 7 years ago

I would like to know if its okay to use MY information but different pictures on the web to describe what I am talking about. I mean is that allowed? Well what I am trying to say is.... I am using my information and I really cant take the picture from my head and post in my hub, so is it okay to use other pictures on the web to kinda get what I am saying using my own information? Thanks so much!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image97
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is perfectly OK-- as long as the pictures either:

1. Are your own-- personal photos or artwork
      2. Are in the public domain or copyright free (try Wiki Commons)
      3. You have permission from the copyright owner to use them with or without crediting the originator.

Do a search in the search box ( above) about  using graphics, using photos or--- there are lots of references in the forums or help, so search them out.

Yeah, it takes a little work, but in my opinion you get a lot of virtual credit for ASKING-- some people don't. Some people invite trouble, too.

2. Rafini profile image88
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

Recently I found out there are free pics you can use at photobucket.com

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Don't use photobucket.com.   Most of the photos are stolen from other sites without permission.

Bear in mind that all photos online are copyright unless they specifically say otherwise.

3. Sweetkisses9187 profile image64

Okay so as long as they are a personal picture of mine or what you said a picture from a website called Wiki Commons .... I am pretty much good to go? Thanks agian for your help.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image97
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wikipedia commons is almost always  public domain or 'free use' -- check out the particulars under each photo posting-- sometimes they want you to credit the source when you use it.

If you are using your own pictures you could say "photo by.."  or add you own copyright notice if you wish to retain rights.
      I am not an expert--- so check out other references . There are a lot of forum posts  and hints in the "help" section.
      Good luck-- I know it cn be a little daunting.

I also did a hub a long time ago abut  making your own graphics.

4. Dao Hoa profile image61
    Dao Hoaposted 7 years ago

Yes, and pictures of people who allowed you to put them online.

5. Sweetkisses9187 profile image64

Awesome thanks. Yes i'll just use that website you gave me and i'll just check out under the picture whether its free use or not. That is very helpful. Now.... I can actaully do some hubpages and not be worried about getting into trouble cause im using someones elses picture and stuff. Thanks agian

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can also use the Advanced Search on Flickr and tick "Creative Commons" and "for commercial use" down the bottom.  That will give you photos you can legally use. 

All you have to do is thank the photographer in your text.  I usually include a hyperlink to their photostream because I think it's polite.

working