Okay .. so I've been trying to learn and to make sense of all these techniques in generating traffic. I'm still a little bit unclear about some things (well, many things, but just gonna ask about a few things here for now). Hope someone will be able to clarify it for me!
1) Article directories are sites like ezinearticles whereas social bookmarking sites are those like Digg and Stumble Upon, correct?
2) Both article directories AND social bookmarking sites can help generate traffic to your hubpages, correct?
3) For social bookmarking sites, all you have to do is click on the "share" button at the end of your hub whereas to submit an article on an article directory, you will have to rewrite an article similar enough (but NOT the same as hubpage article) to your hub topic so that you can include a link to your hubpage, right?
4) The above techniques are what make "backlinks", right?
Thanks in advance!
Hi girl, it's been a while since you posted last time, glad to see you again.
1. Yes, also delicious and such.
2. Yes, but you are rather looking for backlinks than direct traffic from them, especially if you are talking social bookmarking sites.
3. Yes, and once you re-wrote it you can submit it to hundreds of directories, most of them don't care about duplicate content.
4. Yes, and there are many more techniques, too. For example the one I outlined in my latest hub.
I clicked on your profile to read your latest hub, only to find out I already read it, and fanned you a couple of days ago Good stuff!
by Cindy Vine8 years ago
I was getting quite a bit of traffic from Stumbleupon, but the last while I notice it hasn't been accepting my submissions from Hubpages. They say that it's to prevent people from abusing the sytem and just...
by jcwin2287 years ago
I've been using a variety of social bookmarking sites to increase traffic and for the do-follow links, due to a great hub by Ryankett, thanks Ryan!! Recently though, on a few sites like Kirsty or Wagg, even after...
by Krishnakant Sonakiya5 years ago
I know that this isn't a unique topic to start a new thread but I wanted to ask something different. I want your opinion on what I am going to do.As you probably know that the traffic for many hubbers have significantly...
by wesleycox8 years ago
How many people actually submit their links to social bookmarking and/or networking sites. If you do, do you actually see any results. So far I have gotten very little results from these sites. Any...
by David 4707 years ago
I was wondering how often a hub should be social bookmarked and if my internet history is deleted i do not know which hubs I bookmarked. I don't want to be considered a spammer. How many hubs do you guys bookmark...
by albc6 years ago
I use shetoldme and jumptags extensively and they are quite nice for backlink and traffic sources. Recently, I found a site that suggested me to join Folkd.Com. Anybody here use folkd? Does it work?
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.