I was just approved for Amazon and was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to start? Thanks.
Writing about what you know is always a good way to get your feet wet. If there are activities you enjoy that require special kit and you have that kit you can always review it, what you like and why other might want to buy. My first hub to make a sale had to do with wood carving, something I had just tried for the first time while camping. It took ages to make that sale but it was a few items, a set of knives and 2 blocks of carving wood. It takes some time to get traction with amazon and send traffic through to amazon daily so if you keep focused on writing good hubs about stuff you buy and like over time you can build up a good portfolio of hubs with the potential of sending traffic through.
I hope to see a forum thread from you soon saying you made your first amazon sale!
It really depends on your focus. If you are seriously looking to reap long term benefits from Amazon you will need to build your hubs around their products. You will need to see what sells, trends and usages.
keyword research comes in handy once again.
Very cool! I just started with amazon and only have a few click throughs. No sales yet, but I can see the potential.
Huge advocate of Amazon here. It is a great way to monetize any site and particularly hubs.
The interface is very easy to use here for Amazon and it allows you to insert capsules of up to 10 items/products at a time based on keyword, choose right left or center justification, and there is no limit to how many of those capsules you may add.
Hubbers all seem to have a variety of layouts they use, myself included, but it takes some trial and error until you find one that converts.
Coincidentally I just finished reading one of your hubs and you have a wonderful writing style. I'm quite jealous
There will be plenty more experienced hubbers to offer more advice I am sure. Best of luck!
Create a hub about a specific product or a generic line of products. Inform the reader about the benefits of the product and also the negatives about the product. Contrast the different brands each with their pros and cons. Tell us how using this product will solve a need or problem for us. Give us your opinion and your endorsement, and ask us to buy the product (your call to action.) Display lots of products on your hub, find video reviews of the product on Youtube and add them too and also add a news feed or rss feed to keep the page dynamic.
Just put a few amazon modules in your hubs and put some items related to your articles in them. After you have got the hang of that you can start playing around with your layout to find the best places to put them!
I hope I can give you the basics so that you can start making money as quickly as possible, don't get discouraged if you don't get a sale in your first few weeks, it can take time to get ranked in Google for a particular term.
1. Go after highly targeted product hubs, these will often be the easiest to rank on the front page of Google for with minimal SEO work. Hubs that include product names often do well, a hub titled "wall clocks" will have plenty of competition, however a hub entitled "buy *brand name here* wall clocks online" will have less competition and will be much more likely to do well in the SERPS for that particular term, along with a higher conversion rate because a person who searches "buy *brand name here* wall clocks online" is much more likely to buy a clock, even if there are less people searching the term you will earn better and more consistent income.
2. Make plenty of hubs, don't think in terms of one hub at a time - Go for multitudes, 100's will be necessary to getting a good income. Don't be afraid to work, even if a few hubs don't work out you will learn from your mistakes. The harder and faster you work the better you will get!
3. Use "google adword keyword tool" to see how many people are searching for a particular term, it's a very valuable tool in determining which particular hubs will do well. Don't think that because a particular term has a lot of searches that it will be a great choice for a hub, some of my best preforming hubs only have 400 searches per month, this is due to the low competition and lucky long tail keywords that I have scored that I will talk about next.
4. Analyze competition, I use a few tools to analyze competition. Low competition is niches is where hubpages really does shine, this is due to the domain authority that hubpages possesses. This authority makes it very possible for you to rank for keywords that you weren't even planning on ranking for that occur naturally as you write, especially with longer hubs - which is why quality high word articles can be important depending on what you are trying to accomplish (however, less quality content can be very effective, but I respect hubpages and do not suggest you go around posting poor quality content - it won't do you much good in the long run). On to my point, for competition analyzation I use a few tools such as SEOQUAKE addon for firefox, it shows the pagerank of competing sites, the lower the better. If the top few PR's are above 2 or 3, unless you are willing or are extremely talented (or sometimes lucky) it will be hard to rank in the Google top 5 - not to say it doesn't happen, it does often. <3 hubpages domain authority
5. Placement, this varies different people see different results, see what works best for you!. Hope this helps!
Thank you for all of the helpful hints....I know I have to be patient....but I can't wait for that first sale!
by lrohner 9 years ago
I've read several posts from people who say that they make the bulk of their money by writing hubs about Amazon's best selling products and inserting Amazon capsules for the products.I figured I could do that. So I went to Amazon and found that a certain type of knife sharpener was one of their hot...
by Ronwan 5 years ago
Hi all,I have been on Hubpages for a while but have found it tough to get Hubs approved.I am dutch so not a native English speaker but on the other hand I don't think my English is really bad. So far I have 1 approved Hub, but others do not get cleared for publication.For some Hubs I understand...
by Mary McShane 3 years ago
I just got this email. Is terminating your account normal if you don't have any sales or referrals in 90 days????Hello,Thanks again for joining the Amazon Associates program. We’re reaching out to you because we have not seen sales activity on your account.At the time your application was...
by Sondra Rochelle 5 years ago
Awhile back we were advised to remove all ads except for two or HP would come by later and do it for us. I dutifully removed all of my "extras", but am now continually seeing articles, some of them fairly new, with many, many ads. When I place ads on my hubs, I am...
by rebekahELLE 9 years ago
I have just checked my latest hub about love quotes ... and I had 2 amazon capsules with products. now they are not showing, saying there are no amazon results.I don't have time to fill them back up now, has anyone had this happen before?
by Rob Hampton 2 weeks ago
Thanks to Amazon being 2 months behind, I'll still get a good payout in October. After labor day though my earnings dropped like a rock (as expected) This months payout will still exceed $1200.00.. So during this unseasonal down time is when I edit and write more articles.. Hope HP hangs in there....
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|