jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Is my hub too violent?

1. Arthur Fontes profile image84
    Arthur Fontesposted 7 years ago

i just published a hub of fiction entitled (Revenge the Creation of a Monster).   Before I published the hub the adsense blocks were there.  Now they are gone.  There is some violence in the hub but I do not think it is excessive. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/Revenge-the-Cre … -A-Monster

Could you tell me if you see adsense on the hub?

If you cannot could you give me some idea why?

2. Arthur Fontes profile image84

I now have two adsense blocks filled one under my author stats and one at the bottom?

1. pddm67 profile image60
      pddm67posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Read your hub - a little violent, yeah but not THAT much. And no - there are no ads on your hub.

Arthur Fontesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I did not think it was overly violent considering the subject matter.  I was not very graphic at all.

3. Ivorwen profile image75
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I just looked at it, and didn't see any ads.

I did not read it, but can think of two possibilities:
    1.  There are no ads matching your keywords.
    2.  It has words in it that trigger a lack of adds.

Personally, until I knew the why of it, I would mark it non-commercial and take all adds off.  If Google thinks it is a violation, then your account might be at risk.  (I really don't know how picky they are.)

Sometimes there are a few ads but I guess that might be hubpages ads.

4. Arthur Fontes profile image84

I have edited the hub and notice that the ads are now sporadic any advice?

5. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Arthur, I had this exact same problem with one of my hubs a couple of weeks ago.

I Unpublished the Hub, just for a couple of days. I made sure to clean out all cookies, cache and registry files, every day.

If you don't have a cleaner for your system, I would highly suggest CCleaner software from Piriform.

I Re-published the hub and noticed all my ads were placed back. I am not sure what happened, I think it happened, because HubPages admin. was making changes to the site and not all Hubs conformed, in scripting.

I noticed it on other people's hubs too and had read in one thread someone was having the same problem.

Hope that was helpful. smile

It was helpful Thank You.

I will try it as much as I do not want to unpublish it I will try.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I know, I don't like unpublished hubs either. But, it was the only way that worked for me. I tried editing the hub. I tried resetting the parameters for the hub. I even went to Adsense, to ensure my ads were working properly, cause I thought I might had made a mistake the last time I was there.

You might even get away with taking it down, doing everything else, including re-booting your machine, clean everything out and then try re-publishing it today.

I'm not sure of what caused it, that's why I said wait a couple of days. I went the quick route first and didn't get anywhere.

So I waited.  Remember, patience is a virtue. All will work out in the end. Stay positive, don't look at it as a bad thing. smile

6. Arthur Fontes profile image84

Cagsil  I appreciate the kind words  I will follow your advice and I will see tomorrow.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No problem. smile

working