jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Should I bother with Kontera?

1. Lily Rose profile image89
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

I signed up when I first joined HP and I've made a grand total of around $7.  I'm thinking of dropping it because I personally hate when I'm reading something online and get those constant pop-ups when I skim over the text with my cursor and I'm thinking that perhaps my readers may get annoyed by it, too.

Any thoughts or advice?

1. figment profile image74
      figmentposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've only had it a few weeks and have only gotten a few cents.  ai'm just not sure myself yet.

2. flread45 profile image81
    flread45posted 7 years ago

I have had it two years and haven't earned a cent.
    The pop ups are annoying also.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think you would have to design your hubs to suit if you want to earn from Kontera. I took it off.
      Waste of time on a normal ad-sense hub.

3. Lily Rose profile image89

Thank you all for responding.  I'm with you Earnest - I'm going to go remove it right now!

4. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

When I took Kontera off of my Hubs, my Adsense went up quite a bit. And I forget, but I remember someone here saying you have to reach the payout limit in a time-frame (something like a few months???) or you lose what you have accumulated.
    Some have made money with it, but you have to have a lot of viewers from what I have heard from members here.

5. blondepoet profile image75
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

Yea I removed it too. It did bugger all lol.

6. Lily Rose profile image89

Okay, how do I remove it?  Do I just erase my affiliate code under the affiliate settings page or am I missing something?

1. blondepoet profile image75
      blondepoetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When I edit or make a hub I just don't tick the box that says "show Kontera ads".

Lily Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, but I was hoping there was a way to disable it in all hubs at once so I don't have to go and do that to each individial hub!

1. Michael Willis profile image79
          Michael Willisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Lily...you can go to Affiliate Settings and then to the bottom for Kontera Specifics and click the drop-down menu and you can "disable Kontera on all hubs."
          That is what I have done for Hubpages, although I still have Kontera on another site.

Lily Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  I knew I had seen that somewhere and just couldn't find it - even though it was right there!  Ok, I've now disabled it on all my hubs.  Should be interesting to see if it makes any difference...

@Relache - thanks for the input, that's good to hear it's doing good for you.  I, however, am nowhere near that amount of page views (I wish!).  Perhaps when I get to that point I'll turn it back on.

7. cindyvine profile image86
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

me too

1. Fluffymetal profile image74
      Fluffymetalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you guys.  Taking it off

8. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I run Kontera on all my Hubs and my AdSense is yet again reaching a new daily/monthly high. 

However, from my own experience, if you don't get over 100,000 pageviews per month, it's not going to earn well for you.

working