Good Morning You Hublicious People

Jump to Last Post 351-400 of 771 discussions (980 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

Saturday 11am sun starting to shine through - hope you are all well smile

2. TheJman profile image59
    TheJmanposted 13 years ago

its wednesday here .... naaaa tongue sunday here as well tongue 12.11 pm...... It's coollllddddd!!! anyone wana snuggle? (that was directed at woman only... men, please refrain from reading that tongue hehehehee)

So I am back!! Missed you guys! school has been maddddddd!

Hows everyone doing?

3. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 13 years ago

Good morning good people :-)

4. theirishobserver. profile image61

Good Sunday morning to you all from Ireland - hope you are all well - rain but warm here - hope your day is good smile

5. theirishobserver. profile image61

Monday 8.20am - cloudy and wet here in Ireland - hope your day is good smile

1. earnestshub profile image82
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

5.30 pm in Melbourne Irish, and we must be sharing the same weather. smile

6. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

It is 3:30 in the afternoon here in Guilin, hot and showers - we are just off to the river to swim in the time that the sun is down a bit and before the gnats come out.  Then we will go eat fish outside by the river and watch the tourist boats go by.

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

this sounds like some kind of idylic life, my word.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too idyllic - we didn't swim today because I went out and about getting photos for my hub on Guilin. So we went exploring and found my new fishing spot, that has to be the most amazing fishing lake on the planet, then we had dinner out and then wandered the street market that goes on and on down the main drag.

It is now getting  on for midnight and 'she' is watching mildly erotic movies in the other room and I am about to join her - temperature an almost perfect 27 C smile

7. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I'm just cooling off here in Bishop, California at 12:30 am.  I believe it's in the high 70's. smile

8. theirishobserver. profile image61

Earnest - Lorlie - Alternate - hello and good day - afternoon and evening - rain very heavy here right now but it is warm - the humidity means I am getting plite on my potatoe plants - still thats life - hope you are all well and have a great day of remainder there of smile

9. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

mornin' Irish...too bad about the rain; weather is pretty nice where i am....hey...what about another pic of braveheart!  i want to see him/her as a teen.

10. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

hi good afternoon, i am in Greater Manchester caring for my dad for a week, whilst my sister is away.  The weather is perfect, quite sunny today.  yes we need constant updates oN Braveheart... how is she doing.  Will i send the picture off to Knorr and see if they reply.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  no don't send it...braveheart is still with Irish for now!  right Irish?.....don't leave me hanging!

11. theirishobserver. profile image61

Hello Canada and hello Manchester (hope you Dad is Ok) - sun shinning in Ireland right now - still cloudy and humid - my potato crop is in trouble but everything else is ok - Braveheart is doing very well and the wee swallow that fell from his nest is flying with his brothers and sisters and preparing to travel to South Africa for the winter - I think only a third of the baby birds make the journey smile

12. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

hi everyone, my dad is doing o.k.   He had a bad day yesterday but is up  and getting dressed, which is a really good sign.  He had a terrible reaction to some medication, and i was panicking and had to get the doctor out.  That is over thank goodness...  My dad has a big bird thingy in the garden, and their are lots of lovely birds constantly eating all the nuts and stuff he buys for them..... aw missed out on the news about the poor bird that fell out of the nest, but sounds like that one made a recovery alright.

13. theirishobserver. profile image61

joy56 my thoughts are with you and your family and I hope your Dad gets better soon smile

14. TheJman profile image59
    TheJmanposted 13 years ago

hey hey! joy.. im really sorry about all your family is going through sad i know how hard it is.... my thoughts are with you and your family.....

can we use this to say good afternoon? or just good morning?

15. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Good morning all - 8:30 and warm and dry so rfar.

16. theirishobserver. profile image61

China man - how are you doing - it is wednesday 10am all well her ein warm but cloudy Ireland - hope you are all well smile

17. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

...morning Irish...beautiful day on the west coast of Canada!

18. theirishobserver. profile image61

Thursday - 8.40am - cloudy and dull here in Ireland - hope your day is good smile

19. theirishobserver. profile image61

Saturday - 11am - wet but warm - hope your day is good smile

20. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

Saturday 7:00am and hot...good morning

21. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Good afternoon.
    12.53am nice, sunny and breezy.

22. theirishobserver. profile image61

viryabo - hello - 7pm here in Ireland - warm and dry smile

23. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

Hey Irish, guess what? I had chinese last night!!  wink

24. theirishobserver. profile image61

Sunday - 10.30am - warm but small amount of rain - hope you are all well smile

25. theirishobserver. profile image61

Monday 8.35am - warm and dry here in Ireland - hope your day is good smile

26. alternate poet profile image67

Monday 15:38 pm and a warm sultry afternoon here, just had our midlle of the day shower and getting ready to go out for a bit of shopping therapy and dinner.

27. Alota profile image61
    Alotaposted 13 years ago

morning Irish just listened to you on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=395N1qf7K9Q

28. theirishobserver. profile image61

Alternate poet - good morning to you smile

1. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good day to you too - how is our lunch coming on, growing up nicely is she/he ? got he/she on a treadmill yet, good for strong legs and beats chasing them around the garden yourself big_smile

29. theirishobserver. profile image61

alternet poet - dinner is doing well - growing big and strong - just had him/her resting on my arm smile

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i hope we are  not talking about brave heart, tell me you are not.

Back home now, going to see my daughter and her children who have just got home from Australia, then work this P.M.

30. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

Your song from You Tube has started playing i dont think i pressed anything to invite it either.,  You say Don a hoo  so funny,  ha ha

31. theirishobserver. profile image61

Great to hear the daughter is home from Australia - have a great re-union and make sure she joins the hubs smile When I say O Donoghue I am trying to emphasis the 'Who' as he thought he was so important smile O Don o who? ha ha smile

32. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

Hey Irish - good mornin' to you!

33. theirishobserver. profile image61

somewayouttahere - how are you doing - just finished working in the garden - it is 7.30pm - taking it easy this evening - maybe watch some TV smile

I guess I should be saying good afternoon to you....mornin' for me...and another beautiful day...I better start to get started...hey I saw the pic of the 'hot chicks' sunning themselves...that was cute!  later, gator....

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/catputsonglasses.gif

34. alternate poet profile image67

Good morning all - it is 8:30 and promising to be a comfortable 34 C and a little overcast until the afternoon to keep the sun from scorching us - so we are going swimming in the river Li later smile  and I might just go fishing this evening.

35. theirishobserver. profile image61

8.45am here in Ireland on this warm but cloudy Tuesday morning - hope you are all well and have great day where ever you are smile

36. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 13 years ago

The morrow has come... another day... new hope! Good morning!

37. theirishobserver. profile image61

Surabhi - good morning to you smile

38. theirishobserver. profile image61

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcWTTs8QVRc

somewayouttahere - this is special for you smile

thanks Irish..i love GNR

39. theirishobserver. profile image61

Wednesday - 9.35am - warm but cloudy - hope you are all doing well today - I have been typing so much that my fingers are sore - but still enjoying the writing - smile

40. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Well here the summer is fighting with Yorkshire's natural inlcination towards rain. Other than that, a fine day. Dog walked, chastised for growling over much at a public trash can and eyeing an old lady suspiciously. Had toast and coffee and now working. It's a frog's life smile

41. theirishobserver. profile image61

Frogdropping - you really know how to live - rain here now as the summer surrendered - but still warm and like yourself I am writing away smile

42. theirishobserver. profile image61

3.15pm - very warm but cloudy here in Ireland - hope your weather is good smile

43. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

good afternoon Irish...my morning is beautiful again....we're having a nice summer and hopefully August is the same.

44. alternate poet profile image67

Good morning Irish and Somewayoutahere - it is 10:30 in the evening here and nicely cooled down to below 30. Off to bed shortly so night night !

...have a good sleep! and thanks for the 'good morning'!

45. alternate poet profile image67

Good morning all - near 8 in the morning here and overcast - so I am gone fishing !

46. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

took a day off work today to chill out, i need to clear my head..... stressed out and all of that, may even do a spot of cleaning, but not sure about that yet. How are you all.......

47. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

mornin' all...it's me...don't let the 'stache' fool ya.....

enjoy the 'chill out' day Joy...we all need those from time.

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/Mustache.gif

48. theirishobserver. profile image61

Friday 8.50am - rain rain rain - but still warm - hope you are all well smile

49. theirishobserver. profile image61

In 12 Days Larry Murphy will be released from Prison, this article is not written in order to single out Larry Murphy, but rather to highlight the failings in the Criminal Justice System, failings put in place by weak and self serving politicians such as John O'Donoghue TD. Larry Murphy will strike again of that I have absolutely no doubt, Larry has had a lot of thinking time and this time there will be no stumbling and fumbling, the pure frustration of getting caught the last time will ensure that Larry will this time leave his name etched in the history books. Will any of the self serving politicians who have spent fortunes of tax payers money on their lavish life styles, yet have failed to provide a small portion of that sum to ensure rehabilitative care for those like Larry Murphy who could have been stopped, take responsibility when Larry strikes again, the simple answer is No, they wont.

There has been much speculation in sections of the Irish media recently that suggests that when suspected serial killer Larry Murphy is released from jail (11th August 2010) having served 15 years for the rape and attempted murder of a young women he will be obliged to tell the Gardai (Irish Police) where he is living at all times. There is also speculation that the nation's women need not be concerned about Murphy's release as he will be under constant Garda supervision and surveillance. Many Irish Serial killers such as those facilitated within the 'republican' movement were under 24/7 surveillance yet they were able to murder at will.

However, Larry Murphy will not be required to give his details to Gardai and he most certainly won’t be under 24/7 surveillance by a team of up to 12 detectives, as suggested by some ill-informed sources.

Background: Larry Murphy is a carpenter by trade and by all accounts very good at his trade even while in prison where he under took further courses and classes in carpentry. Before being caught trying to suffocate a young woman with a plastic bag in the Wicklow Mountains in 2000 Larry Murphy appeared to all who knew him as a happily married man with a young family. However, Larry Murphy's double life was exposed in 2000 when he was witnessed by two huntsmen in the Wicklow Mountains as he tried to suffocate a young business woman from Carlow whom he had just kidnapped and repeatedly raped.

Murphy was duly arrested by Gardai and remanded to Cloverhill Prison to await his trial. While in Cloverhill Remand Prison in Clondalkin in Dublin Larry Murphy quickly made friends in the prisons E-Wing which is a protection wing for those people who do not wish to be in the general prison population due to concerns for their own safety, although Murphy would just as easily fitted in with the general population as so many of them view the rape of women as a normal part of their criminal and drug infested culture. As Larry Murphy walked around the small yard of Cloverhill's E-Wing with fellow sex offenders he had few words, although when pushed he would say that his only regret was that he had been caught. He was able to swap stories with Noel Cawley who had been charged with the unlawful imprisonment and rape of a young woman (Noel Cawley is now serving a sentence for the manslaughter of an old age pensioner in Westmeath last year) and so on.

Eventually Larry Murphy was sentenced to 15 years for the kidnap, repeated rape and attempted murder of the young business woman he had taken into the Wicklow Mountains. People who knew Larry Murphy including a close friend who was at that time a serving prison officer were shocked and stunned by the details of Larry Murphy's double life. Murphy had fooled many and had it not been for the two huntsmen on the night of his capture, Larry Murphy's reign would have continued. Since Larry Murphy was convicted in 2000 he has been questioned on a number of occasions about the disappearance of a number of young women in the Leinster area on various dates in the 1993 to 1998 periods. It is said that Larry Murphy has refused to co-operate with Gardai in relation to their investigations into the disappearance of these women.

This writer has no idea whether Larry Murphy did or did not have anything to do with these disappearances of young women, yet this writer does know that when Larry Murphy is released he will be able to roam free without legal obligation.

Why Larry Murphy will be able to roam free?

In 2001, the Sex Offenders Act was introduced; this Act had been in the pipe line for a number of years as Ireland tried to deal with the ever evolving extent of sexual crime in Ireland. As we now know this Act was delayed and then diminished in order to facilitate those within the Catholic Church who had raped children. It is clear now from both the Ryan and Murphy Reports that there was serious collusion at the highest levels in Ireland to protect religious child rapists. Indeed following the revelations about Father Brendan Smyth in the early 1990s the Government of the day moved quickly to reduce the sentence for sexual assault from 10 years to 5 years, this sentence was increased in the Sex Offenders Act 2001, after many ‘religious’ rapists had been given what appeared to be soft/token sentences.

When the 2001 Act was introduced by the then Minister for Justice, John O Donoghue TD, it was heralded by many ill-informed groups and individuals as a major step forward in the fight against sexual crime, in fact following the introduction of the 2001 Act sexual crime has continued to increase in every facet of its existence. While John O Donoghue had been warned by the Attorney Generals office not to introduce the 2001 Act in its form at that time, O Donoghue dancing to the tune of his cheer leaders (lurid tabloids) introduced the Sex Offenders Act 2001. Under the terms of the 2001 Act a person in jail at the time of its enactment or later convicted would be under an obligation to notify the Gardai within seven days of their release from prison the address at which they intend to live.

However, the Act also makes it legal to tell the Gardai that you live at NO FIXED ABODE, many sex offenders released since 2001 have used this loophole and some like Patrick (Paddy) O Driscol was able to roam freely among the people of Cork until he eventually struck again and smashed a young woman's head in with a brick before raping her for over an hour. On the night in question Paddy O Driscol was in the company of another convicted rapist (who had no part in this latest rape) Patrick Moorehouse (O Driscol and Moorehouse had meet while serving sentences for rape in Wheatfield Prison). Paddy O Driscol is now serving 18 years for his latest rape. This ‘no fixed abode’ clause runs contrary to international standards of good practice when managing high risk offenders. In Northern Ireland for example, such offenders must take up a place in a half way house upon their release from prison if they have no permanent address of their own.

Upon Release Larry Murphy will be able to tell Gardai that he has no fixed abode and he will be able to roam the country as he feels fit. The Gardai have neither the man power nor the financial resource to follow Larry Murphy indefinitely, however, it is the introduction of an ill-considered 2001 Sex Offenders Act that will let Larry Murphy of the leash.

Notes of Importance: There are presently 1,100 persons on the sex offenders register in Ireland including both men and women, up to 15% of these persons have given no fixed abode as their address, others have left the country (Patrick Barr, Patrick O Riordan), it is further clear from the Ryan and Murphy reports and the recent scandal surrounding the family of Sinn Fein President, Gerry Adams that there are many thousands of sex offenders in Ireland who have never and will probably never see the inside of a court house. The reasons why so many known and confirmed sex offenders are not prosecuted are complex, however, the lack of political will and the introduction of ill-considered legislation are two of the main contributory factors in this regard.

Many Government Ministers spend much of their time trying to please the lurid tabloids, a tabloid industry that makes its bread and butter from exploiting men, women and children through their advertised perverted sex chat lines and sexual imagery. These same tabloids help normalise and facilitate sexual deviance and this is why they are the biggest selling media in the sex offender’s wings of Ireland’s Prisons. The reality is of course that the vast majority of people who read the tabloids don’t even vote, yet due to the contrived ‘moral panics’ created by the lurid tabloids weak Government Minister’s feel the need to go on bended knee to their banner headlines. We then have the perverse situation where the lurid tabloids are in effect dictating social policy, while the voting public are left to pick up the pieces.

In 2005, the Editor, Ger Colleran, of The Irish Star (tabloid) paid 400 Euro to a sex offender who had just been released from prison. The released sex offender had asked a friend to take some pictures of him as he walked in O Connell Street, the released sex offender then sold his own pictures to the Star for 400 Euro, and the following day the Star published the pictures stating that their photographer had taken the pics. What Colleran did not know was that when the Star was handing over the money for the pics, the released sex offender had someone taking pics of the transaction. Yet Colleran and other similar hypocrites are given regular platforms on RTE and other media as a man set upon high moral ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=395N1qf7K9Q

The lyrics and music for this song were written by The Irish Observer and this song is performed by The Irish Observer.

1. Diane Inside profile image74
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh my eyes every things blurry now.

50. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61

that's a lot of info to take in Irish.  Basically what I got from it is the laws have a big loop hole - the no fixed address clause.  I guess only time will tell whether or not he repeats his crime.  But, wherever he goes, if people figure out who he is - they won't take kindly to him...and I'm sure there will be some waiting for his release....friends/family of his victims. I 'm not sure but I think in Canada you can't go into hiding.  What comes to mind is Karla Holmolka - she and her husband raped and killed a few women (probably more than they were convicted for) including her own sister.  When she was released, she was followed everywhere.  I don't think anyone believed she could have been rehabilitated.  All she did was serve her sentence of about 10 years.  She eventually left the country....too difficult for her to live in Canada under the spotlight. 

I don't quite understand the tabloids part you wrote about however.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)