Good Morning You Hublicious People

Jump to Last Post 201-250 of 771 discussions (980 posts)
  1. Joy56 profile image69
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

good morning....... i have to face the music today, so think of me....

I walked into an office at work without knocking to get a pen i had left in there.  I was called into work twice yesterday, and today i hav to go to a meeting with senior staff and may get disciplined., 

I only ran in and out to get a pen, i had left there, but did not know the owner was in.   Not like you can just leave a job any more, so think of me at 1p.m.

2. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

joy56 - this appears to me to be a simple matter being taken out of proportion - workers have rights and the courts can be used if your rights are violated - be very careful what you say and take careful note of what they say - have you a union rep - if not be careful and if they do you wrong then you have the right to take legal action - they will also know that - we may be in difficult economic times but we are not slaves without rights smile

1. Joy56 profile image69
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i am listening to you irish observer, and i know they are out of order.   We do have a union, and a few at my place of employment have complained to them,..... i think i will probably get a verbal warning, then i have to watch my step.   I have seen instances like this before, and a union takes so long, that lots of emotional damage is done in the mean time,  I am about the sixth to get a warning in as short a time.   I think they are trying to push out the ones that have not got up to date courses, so they do not have to pay for them, and employ ones that do.   maybe i am running ahead of myself, but that is what it looks like to me.

3. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

good morning babe

miss ya

have a great day

xo

4. theirishobserver. profile image61

I would proceed with caution - this may be nothing - however - the circumstances do not warrant a warning of any type - warnings go on records and can impact on careers - take no nonsense from them - if they issue any type of warning explain that you do not accept such a warning has merit and you will be seeking advice - that will keep them in their place and they wont be so quick to make such a move again smile What they are doing based on your facts - is administrative bullying do not accept it smile

5. theirishobserver. profile image61

Good morning fellow hubbers - it is 8.30am here in Ireland and the sun is shinning - I hope you have a great day, evening or night where ever you are smile

1. Fluffymetal profile image76
      Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good morning, It 2:30 am in TX

6. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Morning all... nearly lunchtime here... lol

4 am here now. Can't sleep sad

7. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Fluffy, you can't sleep because your sat in front of your computer...... The glare from the screen confuses your body and disrupts sleep paterns... you need to stop using your computer at least 2 hours before bed time... so they say....

Either that or the hunk whose picture you posted elsewhere is still there

no man in my life  I should put this damn thing damn more often.

8. theirishobserver. profile image61

8.40am here in Ireland - hope you are are well in Hubville - smile

9. theirishobserver. profile image61

10.45am on this wet and cool Wednesday morning smile

10. theirishobserver. profile image61

1.30pm here in Ireland and it is warm yet cloudy smile

11. theirishobserver. profile image61

8.50am - cloudy in Ireland this morning but very humid - I have finished writing my book and have posted all twelve chapters - I am going to start another book - now waht shall I write about smile

12. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

mornin irish! long time no see lol

13. theirishobserver. profile image61

Morning pinkylee - I have been very busy writing and publishing my book on hub pages - hope you are well and you are getting good weather smile

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i have just returned to HP after a month away and have been cranking hubs out like mad so i understand the business and the weather here is horrible nothing but rain in the forecast fr the next week sad

14. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

morning ya'll

15. theirishobserver. profile image61

Pinky sorry to hear about the weather - keep writing - Fluffy good morning - hope you all have  agreat day - Irish smile

16. Joy56 profile image69
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

morning.... i would love it if you wrote about your animals, the enviroment you live in, the collie dog especially....... What goes on around where you live ].   i live in Ireland too, though i am not irish, and i love that the irish are so proud to be from here.  It was not until i moved here, that i began to realise the benefits of the u.k. i.e national health, as of course here we do not have it. 

I really like your work, your spirit, your communicating skills, i will always be a fan.

17. theirishobserver. profile image61

joy 56 - I will be doing some of this in the coming weeks but at the moment I am bogged down with writing my book - chapter 12 just published - thanks for your interest ...Irish - 11.30am here in Ireland on a very hot morning - Praise the Lord smile

18. theirishobserver. profile image61

Scorching sun in Ireland today - just back in from working in the garden - 7.20pm right now smile

19. watchya profile image60
    watchyaposted 13 years ago

Want a drink ?

20. theirishobserver. profile image61

Sunday 23rd May 2010 - Sun Shinning - thank your lord who ever you are - garden today I think - hope you have a great day smile Hello sajal.mark smile

21. lorlie6 profile image71
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

Hey there, Irish-and welcome, sajal!  In my part of the world this a.m., we're expecting snow, for pete's sake.  All my veggies are out there and I spent some hours earlier mulching and covering, so hopefully they'll pull through.
    Much luck in your garden!

22. habee profile image94
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Good morning, Laurel! Good morning, Irish! Good morning, everyone!

23. theirishobserver. profile image61

Morning Lorlie and Habee - Snow - Jesuz I have had enough of that these pats months - it is so hot here today I am inside - but glad to be at my computer without being froozen - many days I was typing here in the winter and my fingers so so cold - Praise the Lord - who ever and where ever he/she is smile

24. theirishobserver. profile image61

Monday 8.30am - over-cast here in Ireland - very warm - yesterday hotest day in the year - hope you are all well smile

25. Polly C profile image91
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

Hello Irish, very hot here in Norwich too, not overcast, just clear blue skies. Sitting indoors anyway right now - yesterday was a bit too hot for my little boy. Listen to me - complained when it was cold and now complaining that it's hot !! You can't please everyone! smile

26. theirishobserver. profile image61

Polly C - I know - I was saying yesterday - the worst winter in many years and yet as soon as the sun comes out we are complaining about the heat - hard to win smile

27. Polly C profile image91

I know - I offered to take the children to the coast yesterday, which only takes about 40 mins, and do you know, my oldest son said he didn't want to go because it was too hot to sit in the car!! I'm sure that's not normal for a child!

28. theirishobserver. profile image61

Good morning Polly - great morning here in Ireland - sun very warm great - hope everyone is well...Irish smile

29. Joy56 profile image69
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

good morning all anyone know the symbolic meaning of that irish flag a flying in the irish observers avatar.......  sunny in Ireland again today, and the seagulls are coming back..... help.

30. theirishobserver. profile image61

Green represents Irish nationalists (Catholics) White represents peace and the Orange represents Unionists (Protestants) so it is the Irish flag that represents peace between the main inhabitants of our land smile

1. Joy56 profile image69
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yep exactly.................  i was surprised when i learnt that recently.....

31. theirishobserver. profile image61

yep - while all might not be exactly as we would like we are getting there smile

32. theirishobserver. profile image61

5.15pm just going to make the dinner - roast chicken and chips - I know - chips are not good for you - well roasting is not good for the chicken smile

33. theirishobserver. profile image61

8.50am here in Ireland on this sunny Wednesday morning - hope you are all well smile

34. theirishobserver. profile image61

Thursday - 9am almost - sunny - good day I hope - published my first play yesterday - please leave comments if you read it as I would like good constructive criticism - have a great day - Irish smile

35. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

4am in the state of PA...Congrats on the play and good luck

36. Polly C profile image91

Hi Irish and mtsi, weather here is horrible so far in Norwich, it's wet and been raining and not warm yet. Not even sunny.  I thought you were supposed to have all the rain and clouds, Irish!

Hope it improves - sent my son to school in a pair of grey shorts as he a world war 2 evacuee today!

Looking forward to reading your play when I get a chance, Irish. smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please keep the rain there smile I want to ride in my jeep with the top down...

1. Polly C profile image91
        Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lucky you - I'm jealous! smile

37. Joy56 profile image69
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

will read your play hopefully sometime today, off to work now,

good morning all

38. theirishobserver. profile image61

mtsi, polly and joy good morning - afternoon - 12.05pm - rain has just arrived - but not complaining as I have planted potatos and the ground was very dry - my flowers could also do with a soak - hope you are all well and have a great day smile

39. theirishobserver. profile image61

Friday 2.50pm busy - writing and taking care of the animals - hen clocking at the moment so that means more chics on the way - sunny today - warm - hope you are all well - Irish smile

1. Madison22 profile image60
      Madison22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds absoulutely beautiful. I hope you continue to have a fine day irish. smile

40. theirishobserver. profile image61

Thank you Madison - hope you are having a great day smile

41. Madison22 profile image60
    Madison22posted 13 years ago

Good morning to all, I have a stress test scheduled this morning due to occasional shortness of breath. I never had one of those so I am a little nervous. Anyhow, what it boils down to is I have to get rid of my nasty habit of smoking which I intend to. It's not going to be easy but I aso know it is not impossible.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Morning and I hope all is well after your test, I am cheering you up for the smoking --

And for Irish, good morning!

42. theirishobserver. profile image61

Good luck with that - its not easy to stop - but you know the score smile

1. Madison22 profile image60
      Madison22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks irish!

43. H.C Porter profile image79
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

Today has not started off as a 'Good Morning', but I am optimistic that it will improve throughout the day (fingers crossed)...As for the rest of the world- GOOD MORNING-hope everyone can find some good to do today- and make the world a place to smile at  big_smile

44. theirishobserver. profile image61

Hello Pretty - was just over on your hubs - great stuff going on over there smile

45. theirishobserver. profile image61

Saturday - 8.20am - rain but warm - hope you all have a great day smile Irish

46. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

yes its morning...dark out...not sure of the temp and about to go to sleep....just after midnight - west coast of Canada.

47. theirishobserver. profile image61

Hello - Canada - sleep well adn enjoy tomorrow smile

48. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Good morning! Saturday evening here. smile

49. andromida profile image55
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Good morning!Have fun in forums.

50. theirishobserver. profile image61

earnest - how are you my friend - hope you are enjoying your evening and I honestly mean that smile Morning to andromida smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)