Could someone explain best usage of Ezines to me

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (25 posts)
  1. MyWebs profile image80
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I understand that Ezines are a good way to build up incoming links since each one that is published on another web site has your link in it.

What I would like to know is what is the best way to make use of a Ezine to promote a specific hub? Do you write a short teaser with a link to the full hub? Do you write a full article on a subject with a link to your related hub? I would like to try using Ezines but I would like to do it the right way to get the best bang for my virtual bucks. Thanks

2. Dame Scribe profile image55
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I would think a related article with your resouce carrying your HP url would be good. Also, advertising with Ezines can carry your url. Best thing to keep in mind is the # of subscribers, cost and maybe the page rank. wink

3. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

what cost?

i was just reading this...

http://makecashwriting.com/writers-spot … o-publish/

1. west40 profile image60
      west40posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks sunforged,

I was just looking at ezines as well and your article was very informational

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting - the first time I've seen anything negative about Ezine Articles.

MyWebs, my understanding is that most people who talk about using ezines for promotion are actually talking about EzineArticles.com, not ezines in general.

It costs nothing to write there, but you don't get paid for your articles either.  The articles are free for anyone to copy on to their blog, so the idea is that your article gets replicated, with your links, all over the net (giving you lots of backlinks). 

What I've noticed is that the articles often get copied without the "resource box" (which is the only place where you're allowed to post links).  That's against EzineArticles TOS but it's hard to police. One of mine is doing the rounds of the belly dance community in school newsletters, and I'm getting no benefit from it at all.

1. MyWebs profile image80
        MyWebsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes Marisa. EzineArticles.com is exactly what I was thinking about when I asked this question.

I would be po'd if I found my article and no link. I would probably spend the time to fight them on principal alone. If this happens a lot maybe I'm better off leaving this resource alone as I would be in a eternal content fight.
        Thanks

3. Dale Mazurek profile image62
      Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An interesting well written article.

I agree that it is a little harder with Ezine articles these days.

However all a person has to do is adjust to changes.

Almost all my articles do just as well as the next one.

I am in the belief that Ezine will be a very good tool for years to come.

Dale

1. Susana S profile image91
        Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wrote the article smile (Nice to see it up Sunforged - thanks!) I had in mind to write about the advantages and disadvantages of Ezine, but it just came out a bit negative, lol. Basically, I think Ezine is fine, just not as good as it used to be. I've noticed lately that eHow articles now appear frequently on the serps in the top spots. I guess some of what I wrote shows my frustration at always being asked to write the same things for the same venue - it just gets boring. And there are other good article marketing options that many don't seem to consider.

1. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, as I mentioned, I was just reading it (because, it was just published..seemed relevant)! Im  a couple of days behind on just about everything, even had to skip out on the hubs contest today so sorry about the delay in getting it live.

1. Susana S profile image91
            Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No problem - we all seem to be chasing our tails at the moment!

4. Dame Scribe profile image55

Some ezines can charge for running a ad whereas others are free. Depends on the quality and popularity of the ezine and advertising is also their $$ generating method used.

Edit - thought you were talking about Ezines and not Ezine Articles tongue lol lol never mind what I said.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol I was about to write I didn't get you and would you like to explain but after clicking the reply button, I saw the edit part and your post make some sense to me now but still not getting it completely. big_smile

1. Dame Scribe profile image55
        Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi UH smile ezines aka e-magazines ...sometimes accept articles related to their ezine or go to the article repository, Ezine Articles to get a article. Either way, both leave opportunity to leave our HP url in the Resource box at the end of article with our url. Contacting Ezine owners thru their ezines to request advertising on the ezine can be done n may range from $20 + but would recommend, check # of circulation, cost and page rank. smile these ads would be little blurbs like classifieds with our url. Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
          Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi DS!
          That was helpful. Can be a great marketing tool. smile

5. Dame Scribe profile image55

Yes, especially with the right ezine wink I agree. smile

6. Appletreedeals profile image67
    Appletreedealsposted 14 years ago

@Marisa - you are right about the resource box getting chopped out a lot of times when people use the articles. Another thing I've seen is people just using a blurb of the article with a "read more" link that goes back to ezines.

I have several articles that seem to stay in their "most published" list, but I haven't seen a related amount of backlinks from it.

But I'm still an advocate, I think ezinearticles is a good tool to use.

GA

7. MyWebs profile image80
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

Thanks everyone for your responses. I guess I didn't ask my question clearly enough or something as only 1 person briefly touched on what I actually wanted to know. Thanks Dame Scribe.

Still I did learn they may not be worth it if others are cutting out the links. So why bother?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MyWebs, there's now a Wordpress plugin called "Guest Blogger" which lets people automatically add EzineArticles to their blogs.  When it first came out, it was leaving the resource box out (grrrrr...) but I emailed the developer and it's now fixed. 

If the plugin becomes popular, we could see the articles being used properly more often.

8. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I make very good coin using Ezine as probably my number one tool.

Its all a matter of so many things though.  Picking proper keywords, catchy titles.  Keeping the article interesting enough to have people so they just have to click through to your website or what ever.

I have ezine articles with thousands and thousands of views.  I have some with thousands of click throughs.

I even have a couple articles with over 100 000 views with a click through rate of over 50 percent.

The thing is a few articles wont get you much, lots of articles will get you a lot more.

This week since monday I have published 27 articles on Ezine and honestly thats a slow week for me.

Its not unlike Hubpages there are great Hubs, good hubs and absolutely crappy hubs.

I have written a number of hubs on Ezine articles and honestly am working on a hub on how I do make money using blogging, Ezine and hubpages.

Dale

9. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

My niece from New Mexico wrote and Ezine about bicycling, for off the road bicyclers.  She never made much at all from it, and it gradually ate up too much time...it wasn't cost effective, timewise, if you get what I mean...I think publishing on the web is like that now.  It's hard to make a buck unless you have a specific product to sell.

10. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Dale, I think, is the exception to the rule and VERY GOOD at what he does.

11. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I havn't used ezine articles as much as I should but I do remember Wordplay saying that he has had around 700,000 visitors to his hubs from ezine articles. Wordplay has a lot of hubs and a lot of ezinearticles, of course.

I also remember Lizzie Sowerbutt saying she was advised by Courtney Tuttle to write one article per two hubs (each article allows 2 links).

My problem is my writing speed. It can take me all day to produce a couple of ezine articles and I have to ask myself if I wouldn't be better off just relying on Hubpages already excellent SEO.

12. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Dont get me wrong.  There are other players out there.  Article Base, Goarticles but Ezine is one of the best.

The thing is I am going to continue that money can still be made using article marketing.

I gave up buying the magic potions a long time ago.  I pay for hosting, I pay for List building (Aweber), I buy domain names but other then a few other small things thats where I spend my money.

These are tools that will be needed to make money online.

Dale

1. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're the pro, Dale....we listen to you.

13. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I write a few articles on ezine, I tend to not get much more out of it than a PR one backlink though, I never spend enough time on them to create noteworthy content though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)