jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Need a ruling from HubPages staff

1. Peter Hoggan profile image73
    Peter Hogganposted 7 years ago

I have a number of articles that were written for a project that I am no longer supporting. I will be removing the articles from their current locations but it might take months for those articles to be dropped from the index. If I were to post these articles on HubPages  during this transitionary period other than a drop in hubscore and warnings of duplicate content is there any other consequences I should be worried about.

I enjoy posting on HubPages and reading the hubs of others, the last thing I want to happen is find myself banned.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image73

bump

2. profile image0
      Iðunnposted 7 years ago

I'm not staff but I can tell you even if you left them up you wouldn't get banned.  You would receive a duplicate content penatly (lower score).

And if you are pulling them down first on some other area, you won't even get that.

If you can bear through a bit of lowered scores on those Hubs and have them reviewed (by request) for a dupe search and it's shown they are only here, the scores will rise accordingly as the penalty is dropped.

Staff is welcome to correct me if I am wrong.

3. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 7 years ago

Not staff either, but I do know that you can post duplicate content, you'll just face the things you're already aware of and while it is duplicate you won't be able to have any outbound links as they'll get flagged for being over-promotional.

4. Peter Hoggan profile image73

Thanks darkside and Iðunn.

A question for darkside, when you say outbound links would links to other hubs be incuded in this or just links to external resources?

1. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just to external sources. Hubs would be considered internal linking. Internal linking to unrelated hubs would do you no good either.

2. profile image0
        Iðunnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

you are most welcome.  I leave darkside to answer technical questions.  I don't do technical even for me here, lol yikes

3. darkside profile image82
        darksideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just external sources. Internal (hubpages.com) is fine.

5. Peter Hoggan profile image73

Thanks livewithrichard, that answers my question. Any links will be to related hubs so I guess everything will be ok. Just as a precaution I have decided to rewrite parts of each hub so I will not be posting exact copies.

6. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

If the content has been removed from the other site(s), and Google is simply showing the entries in search results, I can clear the duplicate penalty for you after I've done a manual check.  Just send me an email with links to the hubs in questions and I'll look into it.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maddie you rock! If it was me in this situation I would be taking you up on that offer big_smile

working