jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Copied Hubs

1. SunSeven profile image68
    SunSevenposted 7 years ago

Hi Paul/Maddie,

How often the HubPages copy finder spider crawls the web and update the data in our hubs? I have managed to make some bloggers to remove the copied hubs on their blogs. But the copied info remains on the hub.

Best Regards
    SunSeven

2. Pearldiver profile image82
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Hi SS.............. It really would be faster using a machine gun wouldn't it? hmm lol

SunSevenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'd love to! smile
      Sigh

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

Each hub is checked about once a month, you can wait for the errors to go away which they should eventually, or I believe you can delete them yourself on the copied hubs page under my account.

Thank you so much Paul. smile
      Best Regards

2. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Paul,

I've got a Hub where I got all the copies deleted from the sites that stole my content, but for the last several months, the main hub listing still shows a copyright symbol next to the Hub name.

3. SunSeven profile image68

Paul, I can not find any tab or menu item to do so.

4. LaMamaLoli profile image60
      LaMamaLoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Could you tell me where this "copied hub" button is supposed to be? I don't have that option on my account. It would be useful to have/know where it is? Apologies if it is blatantly obvious I tend to not see the wood for the trees sometimes...

Click on the my account tab. You will find this button on the left hand side below statistics, broken links, etc

1. Whitney05 profile image83
          Whitney05posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it's available for everyone. My dad doesn't have the option in his account.

The delete that Paul's talking about, shows up as a gray circle with an 'X' in it to the right of a link that has been removed. The title of your hub still remains, and the hub still says it's been copied when you on the hub, but you don't see the link itself anymore.

I have a question about counterclaims, and the content being deleted from the sight, but google still indexing the blank page, how does this affect a hub? I had coutner claims that just stated, we've removed the content, so I never responded. Google responded back with, we're leaving the page indexed, but when you go to the page, it's blank.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

I have a hub that has been marked as "exempt from the duplicate hubs penalty" (or similar phrase), for many months, yet it would be nice if I could just not see such a heading when I, as the author log into it. I wrote it, this was proven and surely this additional info is no longer relevant. I can't find anything in my account that allows me to delete this (or follows the heading Paul describes here for Sunseven), so will this ever go away? I know only I can see this, but it does bug me a bit that it is there at all when the fact it was my original work has been verified many months ago.

1. Elena. profile image88
      Elena.posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same here, it irks a little bit to see the "verified original, exempt from duplicate rules" or some such message when the article has been proven an original. I wish it would go away, but there it is, for eternity, apparently smile

5. LaMamaLoli profile image60
    LaMamaLoliposted 7 years ago

I have checked, I don't have it, how come????

6. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Not everyone has the feature. It was released a while back in beta mode and only certain people got it. I haven't heard any updates since.

It really should be a site-wide feature that all hubbers have, as it's a great tool.

working