jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why do my hubpage scores keep falling?

1. Sparhawke profile image61
    Sparhawkeposted 7 years ago

I read somewhere that you need a score of 75+ on a hub to gain any money from it, try as I might I cannot get to this number and when I think I might have finally cracked it my score falls off the edge of the world.

I have tried editing, adding polls, adding amazon links, back-linking and yet nothing works...

Why won't they get to 75 and if they do why do they drop to 60 when I haven't touched them?

Why would they score suddenly drop, is there a gremlin in HP that works tirelessly just to ruin our day? :p

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Not true.  You need a score of 75+ for links on your page to be "do follow", but that only matters if you're writing the Hub to promote another website. 

HubScore is a reflection of traffic, among other things, so it is a bit of a chicken and egg thing - you need the traffic for the score to go up.  So you might like to learn about promotion at places like SheToldMe and Redgage.

Things to check:

- Are your Hubs original?  That means they ONLY appear on HubPages, nowhere else on the internet.  If they're not original you'll never get the score to go up, no matter what you do.

- Are they long enough?  Hubs should be at least 400 words long, and preferably much longer.

I recommend you read Darkside's Hub on Capsules, to learn how to float your photos and videos to the right so you get a more interesting layout.  I also notice that in some of your Hubs, you have a lot of white space between paragraphs - the text capsule automatically gives you a space between paras, you don't need to add another one!

2. Super Chef profile image60
    Super Chefposted 7 years ago

Hi there,quite a large amount of my hubs are no where over 74 and I am still making money with them. I think this has something to do with google and how they place ads or something. try tweaking some keywords or check out googles keyword finder here https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal#. Try to promote your hubs in various places to provide backlinks. the more traffic you can bring the better for your hubscore and the more money you will generate.

3. blondepoet profile image77
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

I agree with Super Chef. I have hubs under 75 that make money. smile

1. Super Chef profile image60
      Super Chefposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi bp how ya doing

1. blondepoet profile image77
        blondepoetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hiya Super Chef what is for dinner tonight?

4. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I'll second what Marisa said, and add that I think you need to have more diversity of content on your Hubs.

Here's more detailed advice on scores,
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Boosting-HubScores

5. Sparhawke profile image61
    Sparhawkeposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the answers guys, I guess I was complaining for nothing after all, it is just confusing you know?  To see your hard work get to 85 or so and then plummet into the murky depths of 50 for no apparent reason :p

working