jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

Hubs with a score below 75

1. Jackson Riddle profile image53
    Jackson Riddleposted 7 years ago

If your hubs have a score below 75 do links to external websites not work?

As a link on a recently published hub of mine, the link is not working for some reason, it merely reopens the hub even though I add the link.

Thanks

Jackson

1. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Links don't work if you somehow made a mistake putting them in.

What you are mistakenly thinking of is the no-follow threshold.  If a Hub author's score falls below 75 or an individual Hub's score falls below 40 then all outgoing links are marked no-follow, which means search engines are told to not follow where they go.  In those instances, the links still work if visitors click on them, but search engine spiders won't follow them.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image97
        Jayne Lancerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I thought that was obvious to everyone, except me.
        Thanks for the useful explanation.

2. andromida profile image61
        andromidaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What if individual hub score falls below 75 and again rise above 75.Will the external links be considered do-follow once again.

2. agvulpes profile image87
      agvulpesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

In my experience any links you place into a Hub should work at any time, even before the Hub is published and regardless of score.  Providing that you have installed them in the correct manner!
      Whether it is 'follow' or 'no follow' is another matter entirely!

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

There is a certain score to be held, yes, for links to be active. Usually in the link box you can check to ensure it works, check to see if copied correctly, use a different browser. Just some ideas.

1. Alison Graham profile image97
      Alison Grahamposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is very interesting.  Thanks for the explanation relache and also for the tips Dame Scribe.

2. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I just want to make it really clear that what Dame Scribe said about a certain score being required for links to be active is NOT true! 

Links that have been correctly entered and which lead to actual pages are always active.  If you make a mistake in entering the link URL, or if the page the link led to is missing or moved, that's what creates a "broken" link.

3. sunforged profile image75
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

this is your problem link

hubpages.com/hub/pay-per-view

it says Power bar club but the link is to your hub, its that simple

btw - P2V ad programs  are a grey topic area with adsense - even when not directly referring to adsense, issues can arise

1. Jackson Riddle profile image53
      Jackson Riddleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the heads up, every time I put the link in and then click save and then view the hub the link has disappeared. Which is why I'm thinking it reverts back to my hub.

I'll try and fix it again.

4. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

relache - is correct - I have hubs about cooking etc that are well below 75 and the links work - I only know this as my sisters tell me as they are always asking for cooking advice - God help them smile

1. susanlang profile image57
      susanlangposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh now come-on, the irish observer. You know your a good cook.. smile  I think you're being too modest here  smile  wink

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I never mentioned specific numbers, good gawd, tongue

6. anasshad profile image76
    anasshadposted 7 years ago

I have a score of 77 but none of my hubs have a score above 75 can it work for me

1. vhinz316 profile image56
      vhinz316posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello where did you found that 77 score you're saying a while ago my friend? because i don't know how can I determine my current hubscore can somebody help me? thanks.

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image75
        Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Lower righthand corner of your shadowlike avatar.

1. vhinz316 profile image56
          vhinz316posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Wayne so in my case my hubscore was 25 right? thanks for your help Wayne, but I'm still confuse I went to my account page and found a score of 51? what is that?

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image75
            Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It changes pretty regularly.

working