This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What does "human" mean?

1. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

In a discussion the other day with friends about abortion the question was raised "what is human"?  Can someone here give me a reasonable, testable definition of what it means to be human?  Hitler once measured children's heads - I reject that, but what makes us part of the human species?

2. NightEmpress profile image58
    NightEmpressposted 7 years ago

Human: warm blood mammal with two legs, two arms, one head, two different genders with all its alternatives. A thinking animal LOL

And abortions, among other things.

wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That makes the tool using chimpanzee my brother in fact as well as metaphorically.  Rejected as a finished product.  Perhaps a start.

1. NightEmpress profile image58
        NightEmpressposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't think chimps practice abortions. LOL

You got me there!  lol

3. habee profile image95
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I think it's the opposite of "huwoman."

Could be - I sometimes think women are an entirely different species. smile

working