jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Number of views on a hub...

1. Instgtr profile image76
    Instgtrposted 7 years ago

Do your own visits to your hub count in the number of views a specific hub gets?

I've noticed that some of my hubs are getting views before they're published and unless they are my own visits, I don't understand how that can happen...

Thnx,
    Dennis

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

Yes, your own views do count, including previews and editing.

1. Instgtr profile image76
      Instgtrposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I assumed they'd want to not include those views in your totals (actually I wish they had some way to turn your own views, previews and editing off - I'd rather know what the "pure" numbers are...)

ah well, if wishes were horses...

Thanx WE...

Dennis

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is a way to get this... it's called Google Analytics and it works with your Hubs.

2. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Welcome, Dennis. There is still hope, actually. If you sign up for Google Analytics, you can create a filter to exclude your own IP address, this should give you a clearer picture as well as more detailed information concerning your visitors and their conduct.

3. Instgtr profile image76
    Instgtrposted 7 years ago

Thanx for the Analytics info - I think I actually signed up for that when I opened my account, but forgot it's there...

So much to learn here on HP, but at least the people here in the forums make it easier!

Thanx again,
    Dennis

working