jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Anyone used adultfriendfinder ads?

1. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

I'm just wondering if anyone has any info before I sign up to them for click through profits!

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

After their ads appeared on malware that infected many computers including mine, a immediately leave any site that advertises for them.  FYI.

2. thisisoli profile image75
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

They are fine, you can find Google adverts on malware sites.

I would use the payout revshare program unless you have a significant amount of converting traffic.

Otherwise you will just be move over automatically.

In this case is was proven that their ads were deliberately added to a pop-up malware that was really hard to scrub.  They say without their knowledge by a promotor.  The complaints are all over the internet.  I would not say that they are a company with a good reputation

2. thisisoli profile image75
        thisisoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Again, this was one of their promoters, not Adult Friend Finder.  Even Amazon has been hit by bad press because of people using their affiliate program with unethical means of getting people to see and click the adverts.

People who use these affiliate programs teh wrong way soon get banned, however it is not their fault that people try and use means such as malware to get their affiliate adverts on peoples computers.

The main issue with AFF is the fact that people get billed well past cancellation date, however this is a pretty standard complaint for many sites which have multiple billing systems. However even a quick look at these complaints on Rip Off report shows that many people just cancelled the direct debit at the bank and did not inform AFF, meaning they cancelled payments but did nto cancel service.

I have read a few of the things on rip-off report and then checked the comments, most of which attack the original poster for broad sweeping statements.

While AFF may not be the best affilaite company in the world they are not the worst, and blaming them for the actions of their affiliates is akin to saying Amazon is a bad company because of people who use malware and adware to sell Amazon products.

I am not saying they are the worst.  I am just saying that a proportion of people like me, who were made miserable by malware promoting them, will think less of a site promoting them.  You can say I am "wrong" to think this, but the question is whether advertsing for them will have a downside, and I suspect it will.  Putting aside the issues of hosting ads for a hook up site in the first place (which I don't have a problem with--but it makes a site off limits for work or when kids are around).

*Some* sites *will* lose more than they gain from AFF ads.

2. Richieb799 profile image75
      Richieb799posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Oli, I was just going to give it ago, add some keywords and see how well I do

3. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

I was just going to make a Blog and join their Revenue sharing program smile

4. thisisoli profile image75
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

If you join up to their affiliate program that doesn't mean malware will be placed on your site, it was only specific third party site owners which hosted the Malware which caused the problem.

AFF deactivate any promoter using underhand means, just like any affiliate program. You have been attacking AFF as a program, but they have never used any malware tactics to advertise their business.

Amazon, eBay, and other affiliate programs regularly suffer from their affiliates using spam, malware and adware to try and make a quick profit, and sometimes it works. A quick search on Amazon malware, amazon fraud and similar show people who have used unscrupulous methods to make sales, or just use the Amazon brand to spread malware.

Despite this I am sure you still have no problem with using their affiliate services!

1. bgamall profile image82
      bgamallposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Keenky!

working