Waiting For HP's Announcement On Amazon Affliliate Program

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (102 posts)
  1. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

With regard to Amazon's cancellation of California affiliates, will HP continue to let hubbers who live in other places earn from that affiliate program by keeping the Amazon capsules on already existing hubs or will you do away with it altogether and bring in alternative revenue streams?

ebay ditched us - its impossible to get a new ebay account through HP
    Adsense is down - For all hubbers and HP
    Kontera is gone - It was never a favorite earner for anyone here, perhaps, except me.
    Now Amazon - ???
    HP Ads - The forcasted revenue after introducing Bing ads failed to materialize. Moreover, the CPM is on a downward trend, if not swinging wildly.
    Traffic - For me, its on an upward swing for the last couple of weeks. Thats why I didn't volunteer for the subdomain effort. And also, I was conscious about pagerank loss.

How are we going to cross the Arctic?

Thanks in advance for your reply smile .

Best Regards

1. Camping with Kids profile image67
      Camping with Kidsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think HP will keep the Amazon capsules, for now, because the restrictions are "state-specific"  and I'm sure there is still a profitable number of Amazon affiliates from non-affected locations using the caps.

Gus

ps Probably still wise to get another basket for some of those affiliate eggs

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope so. I don't see the point in keeping my sales hubs here otherwise.

1. Anamika S profile image67
          Anamika Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I will consider moving my 75+ Sales Hubs from here too in case HubPages disables Amazon Capsules.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

HP hasn't announced Amazon Affiliate Program being stripped by other affiliates in other states. What makes you think it would announce California?

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because it didn't affect them until it hit California. HP are based in California, so have they lost their account or not? If they have, what is the future of HP? Are they still viable as a website? This is as big a blow as Panda for a site like HP.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HP is an affiliate also, so they will lose their account also. Only makes sense.
        Apparently, HP will have to adapt/change, in order to offer writers other choices.
        Sure, why not.

1. IzzyM profile image88

At least half of my daily earnings come from Amazon. If we then assume HP to be the same, then that is a massive hit in income.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image56
            Mrvoodooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

^ This.

I would assume that Amazon was a MASSIVE part of HP's income stream.  Less and less Hubbers have been allowed eBay partner accounts recently.  Adsense seems to have taken a pretty big hit (for the average hubber) at HP.  HP don't earn from our direct affiliate links.  So they've got Panda-decimated Adsense earnings, and their own HP ad program.

I'm sure that they'll ride this out somehow, but it's definitely a major blow.

3. profile image0
    Where To Buyposted 12 years ago

It's not just Amazon. It could be affecting merchants participating in the HPad programs as well. Thousands of merchants will now reject any affiliate located in California. This is what they need to address to people participating in the HPads program and let them know the status.

4. WoodsmensPost profile image64
    WoodsmensPostposted 12 years ago

SO I guess now is the time to get a back up copy of sales hubs before they delete the amazon capsule,,, if I want to keep a list of the products I have on my sales hubs correct? This could be the final straw jeepers hmm

1. IzzyM profile image88

Seems to me that now is a good time to backup ALL of our hubs, because HP might not be here tomorrow.

1. profile image0

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThatInterne … aUmTRrEsyE

Called, catchily enough, How to Save Your HubPages Content To Your Computer.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Excellent, it is running in the background at present. Might take a while with all the hubs I have, plus the unfinished ones which are over 100 in number.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the information.  Did mine in just a few minutes - it's great!

2. WoodsmensPost profile image64
        WoodsmensPostposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In the time I wrote the last post and now I backed up all my hubs automatic with visualwget following the hub written by Pcunix http://hubpages.com/hub/Backing-up-Hubp … r-computer

There are several good backup hubs written out there just search using the search box top right corner under my account

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5217097_f248.jpg

Edit: This did not backup unpublished hubs

1. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there is a firefox plugin called "ScrapBook" that makes the options outlined in that hub a simple two click process.

You can backup your ENTIRE hubpages account that way

1. WoodsmensPost profile image64
            WoodsmensPostposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok cool, I never use FF but thanks for the info sunforged

1. profile image0
              Multimanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I used it once, now I just tried and it did not back up the whole group but only about 30 of my hubs and I can not find a way to uninstall and try again.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Can you not try the operation again? I just used Scrapbook today for the first time, but I'd have thought I'd be able to repeat the whole process if I added in a load of new hubs.

1. profile image0

I can just have to rename the file, if I use the old file name it doesnt over righjt, so each time I do a mass of copies I will have to do all all over again.  No way apparently to delete the previous files.

5. bgamall profile image69
    bgamallposted 12 years ago

Hubpages can relocate headquarters to Nevada. Reno is nice but bring a jacket!

6. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

How to Install Scrapbook using Firefox

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThatInterne … aUmTRrEsyE

1. celebritie profile image69
      celebritieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I checked out the video and it is really useful.

7. Mrvoodoo profile image56
    Mrvoodooposted 12 years ago

Just out of interest, has there not been any kind of coordinated petition/protest/something of that sort, in the States against this by affiliates?

I would have thought that they were quite numerous in numbers.

Together would they not possibly have some sway, or is it a given that something of that nature would be ineffective?

1. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The nexus tax law change has been effectively blocked twice in Texas by Affiliate marketers, Affiliate programs and Publishers.  It is possible to stop this law going through, especially when you can claim that this is an unfair tax.

Argument Number 1. Affilaites are advertisers, if you are going to consider an affiliate as a 'store' in a state, then all marketing agencies must be held accountable under that law. Getting paid via commission rather than an upfront fee should not effect this - the law is discriminatory and illegal.

Argument Number 2. Affiliates market globally not locally.  The help bring money from around the nation and the world in to the state. This also means they are not competing with local businesses, but other interenet businesses. burdening affiliates but not other online marketing models is unfair.

Argument Number 3. Main Street Fairness Alliance claims that amazon etc can under cut costs by not paying sales taxes in every state. However affiliate commission often exceeds local sales tax rates, including in NY.

Argument Number 4. It has already been shown that every state that has implemented this law has dropped all affiliates in teh state.  This means that the state does not receive extra income, it also means that affiliate marketters canno longer earn this money, pay taxes, and spend money in the state, that would have often come from an out of state/country source.

etc etc. I am sure you can think of more arguments on your own, but the fact of the matter is that if you can show that this will harm the state financialy, it will usually be refused.

You need to point out that extra taxes earned are minimal, and that the loss of income for thousands of people can severely harm local economies.

If the party in pwer was pro jobs, or pro economy, you can state bluntly that their actions of destroying peoplees livelihoods is against their policy, and by destroying jobs that bring in a large amount of national and international cash, they helping to prevent economic recovery for their state.

2. sunforged profile image70

I usually follow along here:
      http://performancemarketingassociation.com/

as far as mobilizing and staying aware of changes that can influence my online earnings

many of the affiliate networks also send notices about such things.

1. livewithrichard profile image72
        livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I posted this a few weeks back:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/76397#post1651644

It links to an article describing how Performance Marketing Associates is suing the State of Illinois because of nexus and is prepared and financed to take it to the US Supreme Court.

1. ChristinS profile image39
          ChristinSposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that's excellent.  Illinois has only hurt itself by doing this to us.  I pay an enormously large amount of taxes living in this state and having Amazon taken away was very unfair.

8. SunSeven profile image61

Still waiting for official stand on this. PiaC's post isn't doing it. smile

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For anyone who earns a reasonable amount with amazon and has just been booted this is a <snipped - no promotional links in the forums>

SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am not booted by Amz or HP aff program yet. I am sure there will be and may be even better alternatives at the moment. If you'd like, I can give you some leads on this. smile

1. Susana S profile image93
          Susana Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not booted either as I'm in the UK smile Just pointing out that there are some solutions out there for people who are affected, even if they may be only short term.

2. IzzyM profile image88

Someone has been quick of the mark!

They only want 25% - seems a bit steep to me. That said, I suggested something similar on the sticky thread and got shot down in flames, as this is apparently fraud. Who'd have thought it? Not the taking of a commission/percentage, but for lying to the State in which you live and not paying sales tax, apparently.

1. profile image0

'Tis the way of governments. Create taxes that don't actually result in any increased revenue/benefits (can anyone say "broken window fallacy"?) and then criminalise people for not paying them.

9. SunSeven profile image61

Thank you friends for your views on this thread. But I wonder why Jason/Paul/Maddie never even bothered to address this, so far. If you look at the timeline, I feel that they forced PiaC to make an announcement after seeing this thread and/or similar voices in the forum.

Its a fact that HP is booted out of Amz program. What we need to know is that how that is going to affect or effect who are residing outside those tax laws and are still Amz affiliates.

In short, where do we go from here?!

10. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

We'll just have to wait and see.
    Even if HP itself is booted, affiliates using Amazon on their Hubs really shouldn't be effected. They may have to manually enter the product codes or install the product widget though their HP account, so they may continue to use the service.

I noticed a few mentions about AdSense and HP Ads regarding Bing.
    Since I do not earn through AdSense, am also not eligible for HP Ads and now Kontera is no more.

A good alternative would be to give users a 60/40 on in-text ads by Vibrant Media, AdMedia or Infolinks and offer an alternative to the DoubleClick Network, until such time as Bing/Microsoft reopen their publisher section and HP set up a revenue share option for this.

James.

11. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I would be really unhappy if I didn't have the revenue from Amazon affiliate program. That's my biggest earner so far.

I dont think anyone is going to address our concerns.
      Its weekend at HP HQ
      Or is it weak end?

WR Stacie. smile

1. TamCor profile image82
        TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had posted a question on Pia's thread about this, wondering where the affliate money from HP is going from our hubs, now that they can't collect it anymore...

I'd forgotten it was the weekend, ugh...I guess I won't hold my breath, waiting for a quick answer then, lol...

1. profile image0

As I understand it, HP doesn't collect all the money upfront - although it does collect its share of the money via its own affiliate code, which shows 40% of the time for any given hub, your own affiliate code shows for the remaining 60%, during which any purchases are credited straight to you - they don't go via HubPages at all.  Which is just as well really. 

PS: Yesterday (July 1st) I got credited with some commission for Amazon items that shipped out on that day - this surely wouldn't have happened if all the money was funnelled via HP's now defunct Amazon affiliate account.

I understand what you're saying, thanks!  smile

What I was wondering about, though, is if HP can't have their 40% time, does our affliate code take over that time frame then?

1. profile image0

Various people (myself included) have posed this question to HP's staff on the forum, but no reply has so far been forthcoming.

I did see it mentioned before, with no replies, so I wanted to chime in, too, to see, if maybe enough of us posed the question, they might eventually ANSWER someone!

It seems like common sense that our affliate codes would take over, but I've found that common sense doesn't always win out, does it? smile

2. livewithrichard profile image72

But have you had any new sales since 6/29?  Has anyone here had new sales credited since that date?  If so, then it would be a good indication that earnings may continue without Hubpages having an affiliate account.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
              theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just posted in the other thread as well that I have a sale for July 1st. So...this is good news for now....

2. SunSeven profile image61

Ok Richard, I just checked now. Yes, there are a few sales commissions in my account for this month. In fact I made pay out for this month, already.

1. livewithrichard profile image72

That's great SunSeven. I'm sure we confirmed this in another thread that those affiliates that live in areas unaffected by the nexus laws are still earning here on HP.  The big question that needs to be addressed is what is happening to HP's 40% share?

It will probably be a while before this is addressed.  If they are attempting to circumvent the nexus law by setting up an affiliate account from an unaffected state then there are some legal ramifications that they may run into.  I'm sure their lawyers are crossing all their t's and dotting all their i's to resolve their loss of income.

I would like to know that as well Richard.

Especially, when I had to re-enter all my tax info the other day, and (what a coincidence!) when HP ads revenue do not show up on my account (there is a thread I started on this); and when bubblies like Simone is fronted or given the task of cheering us up with no hardbacked data, I believe my displeasure is not misplaced.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image65

lol.."weak end".....good grief let's hope not. Apparently we will be sitting in limbo until after the weekend.

Waiting

Waiting

Yup...still waiting hmm

As much as I enjoyed going through all hubs on all profiles to accommodate the 50 words/per amazon product rule....I really don't want to have to go through and manually pull them all either. If that's the case....most of my hubs will be moving over to Wizzley.

Hoping things work themselves out (she crosses fingers).

1. TinasTreasures profile image64
          TinasTreasuresposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And it's a long weekend. They won't be at work until Tuesday.

12. SunSeven profile image61

Perhaps I should run and check my hubs to see if they are indeed within rules of HP for that 50 words per product.

I can only imagime the number of hubs that got unpublished and the anguish of hubbers who were dealt very roughly with that very friendly rule.

Frankly, I dont know whether I should laugh or cry. smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do both.

I'll help.

Does this change mean we are likely to see a sudden shortage of barbecuing hubs?

13. SunSeven profile image61

You should've been here, when all those Barbies wre queing here, but that was long ago and the floors were cleared for better visibility. smile

I haven't the foggiest idea what you just said.  It's probably clever, and subtle - but - sailed over me.

lol I too am trying to figure that...I think it's code. We'll figure it out! lol

Thanks.  I thought every other Hubber might say "oh duh, don't you GET the Barbie reference - what a newb".

I would NEVER do that! big_smile

But then, I've been here over 2 years, and didn't get it, either! lol

2. theherbivorehippi profile image65

Oh...I understood the Barbies reference, I'm trying to figure out the "floors were cleared for better visibility." smile

14. WoodsmensPost profile image64
    WoodsmensPostposted 12 years ago

oh ok

15. SunSeven profile image61

Any official update yet?

That's what I was about to ask. It's after the weekend...some sort of update would definitely be appreciated. smile

Perhaps they are still talking about it with Amazon fellas! smile

16. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

Just a small update would be nice...even if it's a "Hey we're still working on it." No recognition of the subject since before the weekend (that I've seen anyway) is frustrating. Last I heard was to sit tight for a few days...assuming we would at least hear SOMETHING on Tuesday. It is now Wednesday and I can't help but feel a bit ignored. Trying to not make any fast decisions to just remove everything but at the same time, I just would like to know that someone is viewing our concerns. At this time I just don't feel like it.

17. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 12 years ago

I totally feel your frustrations as I share them as well.  Honestly, I wouldn't accept anything given by the community 'peacekeepers' (Maddie, Simone, PiaC, etc) as being completely factual. I think we need answers directly from either of the 2 Pauls.  It's not that Maddie, Simone, PiaC or any of the other employees of Hubpages aren't privy to the information, it's the fact that the nature of their jobs is to deflect negative attitudes towards this company so they are the spin-masters of HP. When Paul Edmondson or Paul Deeds speak on sensitive issues, industry leaders listen, Hubbers listen.

18. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 12 years ago

Thanks EmpressFelicity for that head up. Recently made some sales via my hubs, meaning that our Amazon 60% is very active even if HubPages got affected by location(California), also considering the fact that whenever a hubber's adsense account got disabled, it doesn't stop ads from being shown on the hubs; at this point, it will only affect or disables the ad impression share and earnings of the hubber in question and not HubPages. Simply vice versa.

1. IzzyM profile image88

So, this is my thinking, taking things a step further, Amazon will be in no hurry to assist Hubpages, because what HP are losing, Amazon is gaining.
      They may look to the future and realize they will lose an awful lot more if HP pulls out of Amazon altogether, and decide to work a solution with HP. But where is the hurry while they are making what HP is losing?
      HP should write a line of software code now to give the affiliates their 40% share, to bring Amazon nearer to  solution.

I dont understand? Are you suggesting a 100% share to the writers? I concur!

Amazon cant have partners In CA . Hubpages is in CA  ---> . <-------

1. IzzyM profile image88

Yes that is exactly what I am suggesting. I am continuing to make Amazon sales as an affiliate, and with roughly the same daily click-throughs as before, which tells me that that 40% of the time that belongs to HP is totally wasted.

They cannot collect, so Amazon gains. That is the way it has to work, else Amazon would be selling their products at a higher rate to those who clicked directly on their site.

I know HP are in some talks with someone, because Pia posted to that effect.

But HP actually hold the balance of power. While Amazon are making the money, HP are now losing, through not having an affiliation. HP should move now to change the goalposts by offering their 40% share to the authors.

NOW we'd have a level playing field, and Amazon are more likely to talk to them.

By the way, I will be very happy to accept 100% on the  understanding that it is a temporary measure.

Alright - got ya - HPs impressions are wasted.

It would only be right and nice to have those wasted impressions go to the sites authors while things get worked out.

Thats the type of good faith measure that might impress some of the disenfranchised.

Instead they are redesigning your profile pages for you wink Anyone check the hopper lately? ..the ants are still marching in,,,,

"NOW we'd have a level playing field, and Amazon are more likely to talk to them."

This is the part Im not following. HP claims Amazon is working with them and the amazon email does suggest that amazon is attempting some workarounds.

1. IzzyM profile image88

What Amazon email? Dang - they are not talking to me!
              I've no idea what workaround they are trying to work out, but I am glad they are.

But look at it this way, until a workaround is reached, Amazon are gaining what HP is losing.

Now maybe those talks can achieve an amiable solution in a week, but if I were Amazon, I'd drag it out to two weeks, or three weeks or longer, because they are making thousands if not millions of dollars in the interim.

Not being a software writer, although I kinda half-trained to be one (failed because I didn't really understand it all) I imagine those whizz kids at HP could write a line of code to pass HP's share of the Amazon earnings over to us.

On a temporary basis!

It will help whatever is agreed in those talk come to pass sooner.

That has been what I've been wondering about...is anyone from HP ever going to come back on and address ANY of this--or they just going to keep us all waiting even longer?   

Like I said before, I'm not publishing any more hubs until I know what's going on...because if they can't work anything out, I'm not putting work into anymore sales hubs, just to have the Amazon capsules pulled. sad

1. IzzyM profile image88

No that is the wrong attitude! Keep on doing what you are doing if it working.

What you should also be doing is making sure you have a copy of your hub backed up somewhere, just in case tomorrow you get the message  "this page does not exist", although of course the Google cache should carry a copy of all your hubs, until they clear.

You can then use your hubs elsewhere on the net, provided of course that some scammer hasn't already copied and re-used your exact words somewhere else.

Google and all the web searchers have a HUGE job ahead of them, cleaning up the web.

Meanwhile, you and I should continue doing what we do best, writing new content smile

Their lack of response leads me to believe something dark is coming. We haven't even been acknowledged since when...last Friday or was it Saturday? I'm too lazy to look. I just find this very shady. It takes 30 seconds to come on and post a message. I'm ready to start unpublishing.

Let me tell you, three articles I posted at Wizzley last night before midnight were on page one of Google today, one of them is in the number two position in a pretty populated topic. That's enough to impress me.

I hate to leave Hubpages because I've really loved it here but I'm happy to move my Hubs to Wizzley and Xobba where both site owners are responsive.

You know I have not complained once about traffic through the whole Panda thing and I can always see the positive in every situation but I cannot see positive in being ignored and treated like I don't matter which is exactly how this silence is making me feel. So frustrated.

2. TamCor profile image82

Thanks Izzy! smile

I do agree about saving a copy of my hubs--I've already started doing that, but have a few more to go. smile

I make next to nothing with Adsense, and not a whole lot with HubAds, either, so the capsules are my main way of making money. And if they pull the capsules, I lose what chance I have of making much, so it's just not worth it to me right now. I'll keep up the ones I have, of course, and wait to see what happens--I'm not giving up on HP! smile

I really really hope, though, that they let us know something soon--it's just not right that they are keeping us all in the dark like this.

2. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Amazon stands to make a great deal of money whether the 40% is simply given to them or to the hubber.

I'm assuming that the HP setup with Amazon is the same as ours and that puts them into the highest pay bracket each and every month.  I've never crossed 7% commission and suspect the large majority of hubbers are the same.

1. IzzyM profile image88

of course they do, but if 40% of the time, Amazon ads are carried without an affiliation link of any kind then Amazon make more money, not having to pay an affiliate.

I've never crossed 7% either. It's not the percentage I'm talking about, it's quite simply "who collects"?

Amazon do, of course.

19. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 12 years ago

Wait a minute, what happens if on their own, HubPages is still very active with Amazon despite every speculation of California issues with amazon? I don't think that assuming any of such will make them respond here as California or not didn't stop our amazon affiliates and hubs earnings on this platform though not as it used to be post panda. No need getting too worried about this either; always have your backup.

1. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If amazon enter in to an affiliate agreement in any way shape or form, direct or indirect, with Hubpages, then they have to pay california sales tax on all products they ship to california.  One affiliate means that Amazon would have a 'presence' in that state, so would be liable for taxation.   

This is an extreme bending of hte famous phrase, no taxation without representation, but there you go, everyone knows this change is bull.

20. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

It is now Thursday and we are still waiting - come on HP this is a very serious issue for many of us, so just communicate a little!

1. Andrew0208 profile image58
      Andrew0208posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Allow it not to be a very serious issue for you smile

1. CMHypno profile image81
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For many hubbers this is a serious issue. If HP want to reassure worried hubbers they need to communicate more and let people know what is happening.

Hubbers invest a lot of their time and energy into this site, and many of us have lost a lot of our earnings since February and Panda, and are understandably concerned that we are about to lose another source of income.

While I am happy for you that earning on HP is not something that affects you, the HP staff need to step up to the plate and keep us informed.  I personally do not want to wake up one morning and find that all of my Amazon capsules have been disabled without any warning, for example

I agree with you.  My husband and I are both normally very patient people, but the lack of information from HP is really starting to bother us. 

It is ridiculous to NOT take a moment out of their busy schedules to give us some sort of update.

HP has already lost a lot of the major-league hubbers--how many more will they lose if they continue to wear blinders, as far as  acknowledging our concerns?

All we want is some communication--is that too much to ask? neutral

1. CMHypno profile image81
            CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Especially with the Christmas period coming up, if I have to find new homes for quite a few product-type hubs, I want as much notice as possible.

21. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

Wow..a day later and still no communication. So disappointing.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pia said she would give an update towards the end of this week. Either she or Paul will do so either today or tomorrow, as promised (and in the thread she started, not in a Hubbers' Hangout thread). smile

These things do take time, but we'll be sure to share information with the community as soon as we have something in place. Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for your response Jason...it is appreciated. However, I have revisited the announcement thread several times and perhaps I'm overlooking but I see nothing where it says "near the end of the week". I was under the impression from Robin that we would hear something in a few days after the weekend...but nothing. We were told to basically sit tight for a few days. Really, is it that hard for someone to revisit the thread and just let everyone who is commenting know that it's still being worked on? Just acknowledge us.

Comments HAVE been posted in the announcements thread where they should be addressed but have been ignored. Not blaming you because it's certainly not your fault but it's hard to not feel frustrated when you're being ignored.

EDIT: In fact, I just revisited Pia's thread and her OP says "A longer blog post will follow in the next few days giving details on our plans and point of view." Really...it's been 6 days? Am I missing this longer post? Perhaps it should have read a longer post would follow in a week and then maybe Hubbers wouldn't feel so anxious like they're being avoided.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
          Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pia said she would check in again in that linked post in "about a week" and that was 6 days ago. None of us is being evasive; we simply don't have anything to share yet. We have been actively negotiating with Amazon on this since last week, and we can't share anything specific until a deal is hammered out.

I certainly understand your and others' frustration - we would like this to move as fast as possible, too. As Pia said, we are giving this our full attention, even if there's nothing yet to report on it. We do appreciate your patience in the meantime. smile

Thanks again for your response. smile

2. celebritie profile image69

Thanks Jason, this information is useful

2. TamCor profile image82

So, since Pia or Paul didn't post yesterday--at least that I caught--does that mean their update is coming today? smile

I apologize in advance if I somehow missed it... big_smile

1. profile image0

Me to I didnt find it yet.

Paul posted a response in the announcements in Pia's original thread.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/78184?p … ost1700315

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
              Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nothing new, just more "we're on it" stuff.  smile

Apparently Hubpages are trying to work out an agreement with amazon but no one knows how long that will take.

22. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the information Jason, but it only takes 30 seconds to post a message every day, even if it only says 'no news yet folks'.

Makes us feel that we are being kept in the loop and are not being sidelined.

23. David R Bradley profile image82
    David R Bradleyposted 12 years ago

Still P.O.ed about the Amazon deal and it's cramping my mojo in terms of writing...  I wasn't making a ton but it was nice to actually write for money.  Time to get creative!  Vent OVER!

I guess if you are not apart of the states affected you can still use Amazon on your own blogs.

24. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 12 years ago

With long thought, I've started deleting my hubs one by one.  I'm not making money here, but my blog is - better the hubs on the blog than on here.  I'll leave the ones I wrote to advertise - sell products, but I won't go through every hub and delete Amazon, Jerry can do that for me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)