jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Limits to Visitor Comments?

1. profile image47
    hermit9posted 7 years ago

If I start a Hub, is there any limit to the length of individual visitor comments?

Is there any limit to the total number of visitor comments?

Is there any security protection from a visitor dropping malicious
    code, virus, trojan, etc. within comment?

Can I set up a Hub with four sub-categories, so contributors can post their comments in the appropriate section?

Thank you

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've seen some Hubs where that's been done, but I also notice there are only ever comments in the first comments box - never any in the later ones.  Which suggests most people don't scroll down past the first comments box.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

There is no limit as to the length of individual visitor comments.

There is no limit to the total number; however, by default the comments capsule is set to display 100 comments;

Visitors can not paste code into comments or elsewhere on HubPages, however malicious links are possible. Simply deny comments with external links;

The idea with four sub-categories will never work in practice; no one will make it beyond the first comments capsule. Instead, create four separate hubs and link them together;

The best way to control your comments is by changing the settings in the comments capsule so that comments will not display until approved by you.

1. profile image47
      hermit9posted 7 years agoin reply to this

T
        h               u
          a          o
            n     Y
              k

working