jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Blocking Ads by keywords or specific category

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

Well, I just recently published an article about the Sun (I know, very exciting…).

The thing is now plastered with solar panel ads. These ads are completely off topic for my purposes.

I have plowed through the AdSense menus and their Help Section.

The Filtering-Content capabilities do not appear to include keywords, i.e. “solar panels”; or categories (except for a very limited list).

Is there a keyword filtering option?

Is there an expanded category option?

If not, is there a workaround?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If your hub is definitely not promotional, you can set the ad settings to "none" for that hub.

2. relache profile image91
    relacheposted 7 years ago

In your AdSense settings, you can block specific advertisers, but not by keyword.  And any of those custom setting will only work during the 60% timeshare when your affiliate code is in effect, not during HubPages share to impression time.

3. paradigmsearch profile image94

Relache, thanks for the excellent response. You have acquired yet another follower. Like you really need it… (grin).

4. paradigmsearch profile image94

Thanks, Website Examiner. Actually, I want lots and lots of ads. I just don’t think “solar panels” is a good fit for an article about “Doomsday”, aka “we are all scr*wed” (grin). Then again, who knows? Maybe I’m wrong. Time will tell.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. I wonder what kind of ads might be appropriate. A "Doomsday survival kit"? Never mind, I'm off to read your hub!

working