jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)

I have Sex ads on a new hub

1. Money Glitch profile image80
    Money Glitchposted 7 years ago

I have 2 "money generating" hubs that are flagged and adsense removed however, neither ever had any offensive or sexual ads on them. 

Last night I finished a hub on Crockpot Cooking: Spiced Wine Hot or Cold and it has "Hot films, Trisha Hot, Hot Hollywood" all of which are sexual oriented. 

Now why has Google put them on there and HP not flagged this?
    How do I get them off?

1. Pearldiver profile image81
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Go into your adsense affiliates account and change your add settings from there. Good Luck.. but sex does sell I guess. hmm

Money Glitchposted 7 years agoin reply to this

O.k. I will try that. Thanks smile

2. Money Glitch profile image80

O.k. I'm back!

From what I could tell you can only block ads by urls and I do not have a specific one. Still learning adsense, did I miss something? sad

1. Om Paramapoonya profile image94
          Om Paramapoonyaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

MG, my newly published hubs get hot film/hot bollywood ads almost all the time. I think Google will start sending relevant ads to your hub pretty soon. There's no need to worry about those sexy hollywood ads. They'll  eventually go away.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image99
            Jayne Lancerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same happens to me ...

3. starme77 profile image79
        starme77posted 7 years agoin reply to this

one of the biggest sellers there are  if your into that kinda stuff you can make some bucks , I how ever am not

Money Glitchposted 7 years ago

Oh, I hope so Om!

Interesting, that Google would be placing the ads there in the first place seems like an oxymoron to me (policy says no sex ads but they place them on there). Go figure! sad

Thanks for your feedback! smile

Yes, it doesn't make much sense, does it?

3. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago

I see bollywood adverts a lot because I run two bollywood sites.  This means that Google records me as 'interested' in that subject area and shows these ad's more often to me, no matter what kind of site I visit.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hubpages wont flag you for the google advertisements on your site, it will only flag you for the content on your site.

Well I see an awful lot of dating ads, although I've never in my life visited a dating site. Are you quite sure of what you write?

1. thisisoli profile image72
          thisisoliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very sure, dating adverts are very common though, as dating companies are now targeting niches, ie. vegetarian dating, job hunter dating, the list is endless.

Same here , knew about hot films, and the likes until I went to google it. smile

4. WizardOfOz profile image61
      WizardOfOzposted 7 years ago

Did you get them off?

Food does that for some people.

I noticed the infamous Evony advertisement the other day upon sign out.

Nope they are still there! LOL!

5. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 7 years ago

If you let your Hubs sit in an unpublished state for a few days after you finish them, it gives Google more time to look at them and the ads that start displaying once you hit publish are much more appropriate.

BTW, the words "hot" and "spicy" used together on a food Hub are more likely to trigger ads that are adult.

Yes, that all seems to make sense.

Still, I wonder why I happen to see so many dating ads, no matter where I am on the web, or does everyone get so many of those?

2. katiem2 profile image60
        katiem2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I notice my hub scores go up setting and waiting a few days before publishing, great point relache, thanks : 

The dating adds are a hot advertising niche and commonly seen in my experience.

smile

3. Money Glitch profile image80

O.k. maybe that's one of the reasons why I haven't noticed before. Usually work on hubs a couple of days before publishing, however, for the contest I haven't been able to do so.

("hot" and "spicy") I can see if you are talking about sex, but, food that is just a little over the top ! I put that in the category with spamming  sad

Oh, well it is what it is, I suppose...

4. Milla Mahno profile image73
        Milla Mahnoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To the best of my knowledge Google cannot see unpublished hubs.

6. WizardOfOz profile image61

i think the dating sites have a large chunk of adspace everywhere.

7. profile image0
      Precious Williamsposted 7 years ago

I get a lot of these dating ads as well and they are never appropriate to what I am writing.  Sometimes they appear - disappear and then reappear.  I just assume it's something you have to put up with.

8. McConnell Group profile image81
      McConnell Groupposted 7 years ago

When I first publish my hubs i get those ads too, after a couple of hours they are topic relevant ads though

9. WizardOfOz profile image61

Hot and spicy.  Interesting.

Wonder how much that costs for a adwords campaign?

10. WizardOfOz profile image61

..Reasons not to buy grandma a computer.

working