Policy on Automatic Submitters?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Donna Ferrierposted 13 years ago

Good morning. Can someone tell me whether Hub Pages has a policy against using automatic article and link submitters? I was thinking of using one to promote my hubs, but I thought I should check first.

Also, with regard to article submitters, I've seen some people on the forums ask about sites to submit their articles to for Hub promotional purposes, but doesn't that risk our content being posted elsewhere on the web? I've never really understood the whole article submission thing I guess.

Peace,
    Donna

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's covered in the terms of use.  I think these prohibitions are both relevant to your question:

Spam to promote Hubs or Profiles, including comment spam, forum spam, spam blogs, email spam, instant message spam, or similar.

Use automation tools to create HubPages Accounts, Hubs, or Author Content, to follow topics or Authors, or to edit Hubs. This includes, but is not limited to, article spinner software, blog and comment blasters, and similar software and online tools and services.

I wouldn't say that these strictly prohibit the use of time saving tools to promote hubs, but if the use of those tools is abusive of other sites or people then it is prohibited (and you could be banned from HubPages for it).

1. profile image0
        Donna Ferrierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So then my question becomes what have people used that is not abusive and that works, for a reasonable price?

Donna

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How about not using anything other than hard work and some SEO skills?

I published my first hub on 28th June 2009, it is now 25th June 2010.

I have not used any article spinners, or automated software of any sort.

I have instead simply developed a little SEO knowledge and used my brain. I post all of my backlinks manually. At no stage have I done this full time, perhaps 2-3 hours per day max.

I have had 2.5 million page views. That should be all that you need to know.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I do not believe it is feasible to use an article submitter to publish hubs, as the only way to do this legally is here on the site by using the capsules provided. Some blogs and article directories have a different interface, which may work with this type of software.

When people are talking about promoting their hubs, probably they mean submitting links to their hubs, not the hubs themselves, so there would be no duplication.

I hope this helps.

3. profile image0

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought, although there is software that you can use to plug in an article and "scramble" it to automatically make it unique so there is no duplication. But I think I'll just try a link submitter instead. Do you know if there's any Hub policy that prevents the use of an automatic link submitter?

Peace,
    Donna

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

As far as I know, the more backlinks the better and the better HP will love you as to increased traffic. However, I would not pay for this service; I could be wrong; anybody prospered from doing this?

2. profile image0

I just don't know how we're ever supposed to increase traffic if we don't use something. Any recommendations?

Peace,
      Donna

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think auto-submitting slightly "scrambled" duplicate content is something HubPages staff would feel happy about.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I assume you mean off-site? Rather than producing spun content here?

In which case - knock yourself out. I use all sorts. wink

1. profile image0

What do you use, Mark? Do you spin your articles you write on hub pages, or do you spin other articles? I'm confused as to how to go about this kind of thing and need clear directions.

Thanks.

Peace,
          Donna

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

I switch it up, but generally use article I have written expressly for the purpose. I have written about it here: link building software

And if you look at my profile page you will find some more links.

I try not to get stuck in a rut doing the same thing over and over.

1. profile image0

Do you use this stuff to promote hub pages specifically?

Yes. None of it is spam per se, but it is hard to think of it as adding anything to the equation.

Having said that - if you do nothing and have written  on a vaguely competitive subject, you can forget about ranking for anything without doing some sort of promotional activity.

1. profile image0

Ok, having seen a couple of people (including you) recommend 1WayLinks, that's the one I chose. I have a question about the setup, though. It says I have to come up with three link texts. Are these single keywords, then?

Peace,
                  Donna

They can be as long as you wish, but - having looked at your content now - I suspect you are wasting your time unless you are prepared to do some work as well.. No automatic submission will work in the field you are writing in on it's own.
                    . There is just too much money to be made from people who believe in a god. Sorry. 

In any case - they will not accept links to religious pages. Too many arguments. Too bad huh? sad

I was already attacked by a religious person too lazy to read their TOS here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/backlinks-for-dummies

"Big disappointment. I have tried all day to get some answers on somethings I did not know I needed: hosted Wordpress #1. While waiting for an email with answers that I did not understand I read their guidelines inside the web. They will not allow links to any blog/article that hints religion."

LOL
                    Give me another 6 months and one of my religious hubs will be on the first page of google for a term worth getting there for.

creation vs evolution debate? Really? lol

3. paradigmsearch profile image60

As to backlinks, StumbleUpon and Digg are not worthless. Well…, maybe Digg. StumbleUpon surprised me  though (in a good way).

1. profile image0

I'm on stubleupon right now, but I can't figure out how to use it.

Peace,
        Donna

4. paradigmsearch profile image60

Website Examiner, I just posted another comment on another  one of your wondrous articles… (grin).

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Struggling to catch up with ya'. Thanks.

5. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Ergh, hate it when sites get fileld with article spun software.

I would personally just concentrate on writing unique content, and avoid duplicating it.

Different artiicle directories have different rules.

eZine articles for instance allows others to take your work and place it on other websites. this used to be a good system because people would place your author box, with a backlink, to your website.

Unfortuantely now people use automated tools which strip the content of backlinks and places their own backlinks in it's place.

Hubpages on the other hand is an article directory which does not allow people to take the content.

1. profile image0

No big deal. I'm not going to be using any of it anyway. I'll just keep writing articles and focus on that. I've noticed some of my content coming up in searches anyhow, so I'll just wait.

Historically, with other blogs I've had in the past, Adwords has been the most effective; unfortunately it's also incredibly expensive at this point, and with the limited income I have, I simply can't afford it anymore.

Thanks for the input.

Peace,
        Donna

1. thisisoli profile image69
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you bid high or low on adwords? Sometimes you can get fantastically cheap traffic, it is unfortuantely increasingly rare though!

1. profile image0

I always bid as low as I can; unfortunately, if your showing up on page 34, it's probably not worth it...LOL

Peace,
            Donna

2. 5institutes profile image69
          5institutesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As for automatic submitters and spun articles - I'm not sure what the controversy is since I do it all the time (using my OWN content, and EDITING so it's not "scrambled" but actually is unique and quality content).

I'm all over page 1 of Google for many of my search terms.  Magic Article Rewriter and Submitter are a great combination to use.

I've actually written a couple of hubs, I'm also using Magic Submitter (it has multiple submitters in it).

Having your own software is the least expensive, and saves time.  BUT you don't need to buy a spinner, you can just manually spin:

Take this sentence as an example.
          {Take|Use|Look at} this sentence as {an|one|a small} {example|sample of what you can do|a manually-spun, non-junk sentence}.

Two really affordable tools to use are ArticleBot from Incansoft, and Magic Article Submitter (it can come separately or with Magic Article Rewriter).

If you want to spend zero dollars, then you can just write an article, submit it to EzineArticles, and wait for it to get published.  Then you copy it (or rewrite it, your choice) and post to GoArticles and ArticlesBase, as well as ArticleDashboard...etc.

These are high-ranking article directories, and GoArticles allows you to place your links in the body of the text itself.  With Google's algorithm, the links in text versus the links in a resource box (out of context) are weighed more.

So even if you spent no money, you could simply open up several tabs in your browser and take your EzineArticles, either re-write them manually or copy/paste (rewriting takes 15 minutes at most for me, on a slow day) - no need for spinners or expenses.

Does it work?  OH YES!  The submitters just simplify this and give you more time to actually relax a bit.  Conversely, you can go to Article Ranks.com and for $10 can buy 5 article credits.

This allows you to write your 5 articles, place 3 links in text to your hubs, and submit.  They have a very easy to use spinner built-in, and I just checked my site's stats: they get results!  Try them out for $10 and you'll see.  I think a monthly membership is around $40 for unlimited submissions, around there (I'm using Unique Article Wizard, ArticleRanks and SEOLinkVine as well as iSnare and the other tools I currently own...and yes: it works!).

6. Moon Daisy profile image81
      Moon Daisyposted 13 years ago

Wow, I've never heard of such a thing as an automatic submitter, but I just googled it.  I'm sure HubPages wouldn't have any problem with you promoting your hubs externally.  But I see little point to it.  In my experience hubs get indexed by all the major search engines anyway, and looking through my traffic sources there are versions from lots of different countries.  I don't think you need to do anything extra for this to happen, just wait.

When you're on a writing site it's always the quality that counts more than anything, as well as writing on subjects that people are searching on.

1. profile image0

Thanks, Daisy. Yeah, after spending a lot of time today researching submitters (and trying out two of them only to end up asking for a refund...LOL), I think you're right. So, I'm just gonna wait. smile

Peace,
        Donna

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)