A second account

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. viking305 profile image92
    viking305posted 13 years ago

I signed up for a second account at HubPages in order to write short How to Hubs.  I know it is not allowed to sign up under my first account affiliate. 

So I signed out of my first account and then registered as a new user.  I filled in the required forms and started with my new account publishing 2 hubs.

When I went back into my first account I noticed on my Url Trackers that my new account has been added on to my sign ups within the default affiliate link. 

I do not want the second account to be banned or indeed the first one.  Who do I contact to let them know of this mistake and how do I rectify it without deleting my 2nd account.

I would appreciate any suggestions please or an email address to contact hubpages admin.  I cannot find a 'contact us' button on Hubpages

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where is this information please?

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

team@hubpages.com they will assist you. smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AEvans, seems like the matter has been resolved, already. Viking305, thanks for the update.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Here is the contact form, good luck!

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

viking305posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok thats grand thanks for the help Website Examiner

3. profile image0

"Self referrals are prohibited." (Terms of Use)

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by self referrals?  I thought it was ok to have a second account... do you mean using the adsense id or referring from a link from the first account?

1. profile image0

As I understand "self referrals," this means using your own URL tracker to link to your other accounts or hubs. These trackers are available at: http://hubpages.com/my/trackers

Second accounts are allowed, and using the same Adsense ID is not a problem.

1. profile image0

How do you avoid getting these automatically placed on the primary account when you create a second account sign up?

btw.. thanks for responding website examiner!

4. profile image0

Shazwellyn, you are welcome. Actually, using affiliate trackers requires a specific action, so I would be surprised if these were placed on a second account automatically. I too have a second account and have not experienced this problem.

1. profile image0

Ah but it could be put on the primary account tracker couldnt it?

1. profile image0

I cannot imagine how this would occur unless you yourself used the URL tracker to build the sign-up link. Maybe the OP will come back and explain further.

1. profile image0

Much appreciated for your response WE smile

1. How to - Answers profile image92
            How to - Answersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes this is what has happened to me.  I knew it was not allowed to use my own affiliate link so didn't.  What I did was sign out of my account,  Then click on the new user sign up.  I signed up and posted 3 hubs.  When I went back into my original account i checked my url trackers to see if I had got any sign ups and was shocked to see This account was there, 

I am afraid to post any new hubs on this new account in case i have to delete the account.  I have sent a request form to admin but no reply as yet.

1. profile image0

Wondering how many people this may have happened to; hopefully, this is an isolated incident and it will soon be sorted out.

1. profile image0

I have asked to close my secondary account immediately - there is no way I want to violate the TOS. 
                Fortunately, I havent posted any hubs, so have done this in time.

Great heads up on this one guys!

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Errrrr..... I have a second account signed up through this one hmm

It only has a few hubs, but I had better give them a little heads! Never saw that one before...

Yes I am worried about both my accounts.  But i have posted 3 hubs on the second one.  Still no word from admin yet.  I let let everyone know the outcome as soon as I hear.

6. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

If a person uses referral trackers to link one hub to another there's a chance they're going to end up clicking it sooner or later. I know I did to double check all my capstone hubs to make sure they were working.

Then the trackers cookie is placed for 30 days.

If a person signs up a new account it will automatically be credited.

It's not as if they're deliberately trying to game the system.

I have just received an answer about my query from the HubPages admin.  They have disconnected the 2nd account from the affiliate of my 1st account so I am alright now.  The reply is copied here.  Thanks everyone for your help and comments

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I've unassociated the two accounts now.  Thanks for letting us know!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)