Views welcome.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Ben Peck profile image60
    Ben Peckposted 13 years ago

I have just finished this hub. It is not my normal style or topic, I just pick a topic out of the hat, and had a stab at it.I am sick of poker article's and the whole poker scene. so I am trying new things. I do not plan on following this subject.

Any view will be helpful.

So feel free to release the rain.

http://hubpages.com/hub/DIETING-some-good-advice

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

For SEO purposes it would make much more sense to use the preset formatting options 'Header 2', 'Header 3', for your subtitles.... rather than your current underlined paragraph text.

A photo of some sort will help with internal search results, at current people just get a picture of your face. Do this by breaking your text into two text capsules, and putting the photo adjacent to the second. This way that nice ad block at the top will remain in place.

I don't really understand why you have used an indent, but I suppose that is personal taste.

You can put two Amazon capsules side by side, thus allowing six products in the space that you have used for three. I dont understand why there is a large gap between your text and your amazon capsules.

An RSS feed or news capsule will help prolong the life of your hub. Your title is not keyword optimised (see the Google Keyword Tool), your tagging could be better. I have some links in this hub.....

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Hubpages-AdS … -Disclosed

At the bottom, to two hubs about tagging. One of those hubs, the one by Darkside, will teach you a bit about keywords.

Ben Peckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, that's a lot of good advice, much appreciated. I will get straight on it.
      This advice is good for all hubs yes?

Can I use photos from any royalty free site? Or do I have to purchase them.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have already made the cosmetic changes, and you was spot on, big improvement,

Thanks mate,

1. profile image0

You see those Amazon capsules?

Go to edit your hub, press the right pointing arrow on the bottom Amazon capsule.... and then press the up arrow.... and merge those two capsules together....

If you have no idea what I am talking about, then visit my hub here http://hubpages.com/hub/Kindle-For-iPad-Application

See how my two amazon items are horizontel instead of vertical?

Nice one. hows the photo position?

1. profile image0

It all looks a lot better than it did when you started.

Thanks for all the help Ryan.
                  Just those pesky keywords to get to grips with now.
                  This could take awhile.

3. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I had a look too Ben, and watched it change. I knew you were in good hands! smile Very nicely done Ryankett! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)