jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Google Keywords question regarding order of words.

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image79
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago

I found a name that first, last has 1 million searches and full green bar. But in reverse order last, first, there are 1 million searches but half the green bar. If I were able to write an article with the name in last, first order, would I have better chances of the 1 million searches?

2. Wayne Orvisburg profile image79

Any help on this would be great.

3. Ohma profile image74
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Wayne I could be wrong but I think the green bar actually indicates the amount of competition among advertisers paying for those keywords. in other words a full green bar would indicate a lot of competition among the people paying for the ads not the people writing about the keywords.
    If you want to find the number of articles written on that keyword you should simply google the keyword and see who and what is ranking
    I hope this makes sense and I hope if I am wrong someone will come along and get us both on the right track.

4. Wayne Orvisburg profile image79

If you're correct, then thanks a bunch because I have evidentally had that very backwards. If this is so, do you just look for keywords with a lot of searches then and have no regard for the green bar? I'm suddenly getting confused. LOL

5. Spacey Gracey profile image61
    Spacey Graceyposted 7 years ago

Ohma is right. Ignore the green bar. You need to use other tools to assess your likely competition. You can use tools like SEO Qauake (free add on Firefox), Market Samurai (free trial), or do manual searches like allintitle: 'keyword'.

Sorry have't got time to explain them all - really should do a hub on it - use those tips as a starting point to search through hubs and forum posts for more guidance on assessing competiton.

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image79
      Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Yeah I guess I've had some of this completely backwards for the last year. Could be my problem.

working