jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Ok, I need your help here...

1. Brie Hoffman profile image63
    Brie Hoffmanposted 7 years ago

I just published a hub...this one here:  http://hubpages.com/_38j6ujm10h7dy/hub/ … -Smart-Neo

In my latent attempt at writing more salesy type hubs.

The problem is that there is only one product on Amazon with this product...does that make sense?

So I don't have very many ads for the product and none of the adsense ads are for the Alpha Smart Neo Word Processor. 

The good part is because no one knows about these, I am listed 6 and 7th on Google depending on how you do the search...I don't think I've ever gotten so close on google out the door like that.

So, my question is...how can I monetize this further...since there are no other ads.  I have put a few amazon ads on for other word processors...what do you think?

Thanks

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Brie, remember it can take a few days for the Adsense ads to sort themselves out - so maybe check it again at the end of the week, you may be surprised at the ads you see!

I had the same thing with my Artisteer Hub - I assumed there wouldn't be many Adsense ads for it, but now there's usually a big colorful display ad for Artisteer in the top corner.

2. Aiden Roberts profile image84
    Aiden Robertsposted 7 years ago

Hmm?

The hub itself is great.

The only way I can think of to improve the sales possibilities is to use comparisons of more expensive machines to draw attention to this one. As a by product you might actually sell some of the more expensive ones too.

Sorry I am unable to be of more use but I know there are others on here with much more salesy experience. smile

Brie Hoffmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Aiden...I've racked my brain.  I am thinking of writing Amazon to see if they are going to be getting more of these products.

The one good thing is if anyone does buy through Amazon they can get the processor a lot cheaper, so that's an incentive.

2. Simple Tim profile image57
      Simple Timposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree..well compsed hub but you could do a comparison between another product with similar functions. People want t know why they should buy your product-what sets it apart from all the others like it. Hope it helps.

3. BRIAN SLATER profile image87
    BRIAN SLATERposted 7 years ago

hi Brie have you looked at Ebay-just a thought.

Yeah, but apparently they are not allowing newish hubbers to use Ebay...only the older hubbers.

4. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

trackers in the  hp forum sad

What are you talking about sunforged?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

He is talking about you using your "tracker" on a link in the forum. It is bad form. hmm

Oh ok..never thought about it.

5. wilderness profile image100
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Brie, I searched Amazon for alphasmart and found 3 ads.  One of them is for the 3000 - is that very similar?  One was a 2000, but with a whole kit.  Unfortunately, they were all used - are new ones no longer available?

I found myself in the same position a while back; after buying a camera I used for 3 or 4 months I wrote a hub on it only to find out it was available only a few places and Amazon wasn't one of them.  I kept the hub anyway, with similar ads, but don't know how much good it will do.  Bet I search before writing next time!

I did search before writing and wrote it anyway.  Hoping that more would show up on Amazon.  There are a few differences, the 3000 has a calculator and can be plugged in directly to a printer and a few other details but relatively the same.

Apparently, Amazon doesn't have any new ones but the old ones they do have are less than half price (which is a great deal).  And, another reason I decided to do the hub.

working