jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

Page Rank on Google

1. profile image47
    richard-wilsonposted 10 years ago

Can anyone lend me 7-10 bullet points on where to post comments or get great high quality page rank links to my websites?  I have figured out much of the rest of the puzzle and realize this might be a $1M question but I'm a bit stuck.  Thanks for the help.

- Richard

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

Most comment systems apply NOFOLLOW to outgoing links, especially those posted by untrusted sources.  This is a response to rampant abuse of comments by people whose primary intent is to get a back link.

The way to build long term value is create a high quality resource and participate sincerely in related communities -- giving people the occasional link back to your content when appropriate.  The back links and traffic will come naturally if you do that.  Avoid shortcuts.

3. odidis profile image33
    odidisposted 10 years ago

Hi,

I am impresed by your helpful contributions here. I have an issue you could help me solve. The links in my hubs, remain ash color, while I see other hubs with blue color links. What should I do? 

Regards,

Odidis

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The lighter colour is because they are "visited".

You've been to the site already and that's what happens to those links due to the properties defined in the css file.

4. odidis profile image33
    odidisposted 10 years ago

Yeah, visited links ar supposed to change color, but the ash color is from the very first publication and have remained like till today; since 4 days ago.  Could be I did not do something right is what I think. Any know what it is.

1. kpfingaz profile image75
      kpfingazposted 10 years agoin reply to this

They will only look this way to you but to others they will be normal.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image74
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 10 years ago

I just looked at your hubs and the links are all a pretty blue color.  If I clicked on the links, then went back to the hubs, they would no longer be blue for me because I've already clicked on them.  But, when a new person looks at your hubs, they will be blue.

6. waynet profile image78
    waynetposted 10 years ago

Most web browsers rely on temporary files and cookies to store all of your web browsing habits so you can track back, if you cleared your browsing history they will turn blue again!!

7. Andy Shaw profile image50
    Andy Shawposted 10 years ago

Thank you for giving an idea about that links displayed in Blue and some in ash color.I too having that confusion but now after a look to your comments I feel better.

Thanks! Thanks!

8. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 10 years ago

PageRank takes months, not days to acquire.

There is a difference between PageRank and search page results.

1. profile image41
      david55posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
            Thanks for you reply.But we have our own strategies to promote Our client website & get a page rank within days.Hope you have seen my message posted at first.We are not even charging any amount to our clients
      at start.They will be paying the amount only when they see the results.

We have our Own way to get page rank in just 10 to 15 days...Not Months.

Anyways thanks for your suggestion

Regards
      David

9. ebookads profile image51
    ebookadsposted 10 years ago

If not years,

ps. I have noticed this chap peter spamming all over the forums!!!

1. profile image41

Hi,
               Thanks for your reply but its bitter.As I'm new to this forum I wasn't aware that it will be treated as spam.My intension wasn't to post any spam in this forum.

At present we had come up with new strategies by which we can get a good page rank & more visitors to our clients site within 10 days.

We have our own strategies to promote our clients website.

Regards
      David

1. darkside profile image81
        darksideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So you didn't realise that posting four identical messages wouldn't be regarded as spam?

1. profile image41

Thanks for your information.I didn't know that posting four identical messages would be a Spam.

10. ebookads profile image51
    ebookadsposted 10 years ago

I would be interested in learning how you plan to achieve this. I would assume the gains are with regard to newly listed sites and not established ones.

I run an seo site of my own and whilst good ranking is possible with certain keywords but with more competative kw's good ranking can only be achieved over time by building good quality links with relavant content.

In addition the current trend for link building is through sites such as this one and using social bookmarks etc but as another hubber mentioned ealier this can still take months.

Even with extensive knowledge and experience and can any of what you state be achieve.

In a nut shell by patience and perserverance!!

p.s. To jump on the spamming band wagon my site offers for free what you are charging $150 for.

Sorry if I was a little sharp earlier.

:-)

11. grantsforwomen profile image54
    grantsforwomenposted 10 years ago

"Most comment systems apply NOFOLLOW to outgoing links, especially those posted by untrusted sources.  This is a response to rampant abuse of comments by people whose primary intent is to get a back link.

The way to build long term value is create a high quality resource and participate sincerely in related communities -- giving people the occasional link back to your content when appropriate.  The back links and traffic will come naturally if you do that.  Avoid shortcuts."

that makes a lot of sense.. thanks! (I'm still feeling my way around here as a newbie)

working