jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Traffic from somewhere.

1. Ben Peck profile image56
    Ben Peckposted 7 years ago

Hello

I have noticed that a couple of my Hubs are generating traffic from site's I do not know, I have not submitted them a rss feed or a backlink, and I have been wondering how this has happened and is this OK? do I need to do anything about this?

Thank you smile

1. thisisoli profile image54
      thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is a good thing, it simply means a site has probably linked to you, which is DEFINITELY a good thing.

Keep up the good work smile

2. jasoncox83 profile image67
      jasoncox83posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Means someone else has linked to your hub, like I get them from people who have emailed the link. Took me awhile to figure out myself...Don't be concerned, its a good thing.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

Hello Ben Peck, you seem to be doing fine. It is normal that links are created "organically." When someone finds your articles interesting, they may link to them in emails, on social bookmarking sites, websites, blogs etc.

Ben Peckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Website Examiner.

Thank you for replying.

Should I keep an eye open for who is linking to my hubs, make sure they are not dodgy, or is that something that HubPages watches or does it not matter, if they are dodgy then could that lead to nofollow problems.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

You are welcome. I am not the perfect person to answer this. From what little I know, I'd imagine that the no-follow would only affect the value of that specific link. However, you would want to be in compliance with the Google Webmaster Guidelines, which more concerns activity such as you paying others to link to you or someone paying you to link to them.

Ben Peckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.

working