jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hubpages keyword stats vs Google analytics

1. Appletreedeals profile image72
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

Here is a poser....
    Hubpage's keyword stats don't agree with Google Analytics????

So which do we trust?

Top keyword for a popular hub, per hubpages, is listed as #9 entrance keyword according to Google, with a 40% difference in entrance stats

hub entrance is 7 to 1 Google search to Hubpage entrance, and hub page entrance is about equal to other referrals combined.

So with Search traffic approx. 84% of entrances, I'm leaning towards believing Google.

Any thoughts from the pros here?

GA

2. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Stick with Google for your stats. I think (might be wrong here) that your analytics only tracks your 60% of impressions as well. Would actually like some confirmation on that though!

Appletreedealsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

might be a good place for a team member to pipe in with some Hibpages insight

GA

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Google Analytics tracking will be active on 100% of your hub views, but if you're referring to the AdSense data in Analytics, you'll only get data from when your publisher id is in the page (typically 60% of the time).

As for the original question, the HubPages search keywords are separately determined but should be pretty close to what's available in analytics.  If there are specific cases where they are far apart, please send a few hub examples  to us at team@hubpages.com (care of me), and I'll take a look.

Appletreedealsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply Paul. - yes the question was Analytics not Adsense
        I will send you the example I posed in the question.

GA

3. Appletreedeals profile image72
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

bump
    still hoping for some team input

working