RESOLVED (4/5 110p PT): HubPages Statistics delay caught up

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (115 posts)
  1. maalarue profile image73
    maalarueposted 11 years ago

I saw where this issue has been addressed in the past and supposedly corrected. But for many weeks now, especially toward the end of the week and weekends, my HubPages stats will not update for hours and sometimes even days at a time. An example would be "Includes data from 17 hours ago and earlier".

Is anyone aware of this issue?

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey maalarue,
      Sorry for the inconvenience; sometimes our stats don't update right away. If super-up-to-date stats are really important, we recommend using Google Analytics as your primary source of information.

1. davidlivermore profile image94
        davidlivermoreposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I honestly prefer using the stats on Hubpages over Google Analytics.  I like the analytics, but sometimes I just want a simple rundown.  I check my analytics once a day, but my hub stats multiple times a day.  They are so much easier to read and understand, overall.

2. maalarue profile image73
        maalarueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your prompt response, Simon, But 'sometimes' is an understatement. Lol! Just wondering if this issue was being addressed by support teams. I use Google analytics, but Hub stats shows information I don't get on Google, such as violations, pending status, disables Ads, needs revision, duplications, etc.

3. Dale Hyde profile image79
        Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to say, but this does not address the issue.  When is a fix due?  What is causing this to happen at least once a week?  And why refer us to Google Analytics, which does not supply us with many details that HP status does?

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just because, Dale.   That's why!  lol

1. Dale Hyde profile image79

Lol, okay Randy! smile

I'm quite sure one of the techs is on this right now, Dale!  It must be embarrassing to them for this to be happening so often.  I feel bad for them.  sad

1. Words By William profile image60
                Words By Williamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Randy,

We've never spoken, but I've followed your posts. What's up with the new political correctness? Will you be running for office?

2. brianrock profile image84
          brianrockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Out of curiosity, what information do you get from the HubPages stats that you can't get from Analytics...?

I'd think it was the other way around. Analytics is a wealth of information. The only downside I see is that it can be a bit more complex and less user friendly if you aren't familiar with it.

Well, let me see.  I can't see "idled" hubs there for one...yet we have a short time to correct any problem with that time of issue prior to being dropped from Google search.

We can not see broken links, which will pull a hub down in search rankings.

Wait a minute, I could go on, but I should not waste my time answering this, lol. Any seasoned Hubber could come up with a list.

Edit:  Ahhh...only been here three months, eh?  Well, as you are here longer, you will get more familiar with things, lol.

Btw, I was using Google Analytics when it was a new born child, so I am very familiar with it. smile

1. brianrock profile image84
              brianrockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Condescension much?

Seems to me that you just want to complain for the sake of complaining. So I'll just let you have your fun, add you to the list of Hubbers I'll never talk to again, and be on my way.

Sorry truth hurts.  I just reread what I posted...nothing but the facts and only the facts kind sir, lol. smile  I shall not toss and turn and lose any sleep over you vow to never talk to me again.  Sort of strange you have a list of us Hubbers you will never talk to again being here for a rather short period of time.  I reckon that is why you do not have many followers. smile 

One thing to keep in mind, PRIOR to your arrival here, HP has gone through many changes, and one is that it is focusing on being a more social platform.  Think about it.

I hope I'm on that list too, Dale!  lol

I would imagine you are further towards the top of the list, Randy, haha! smile

2. aa lite profile image86
                aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And it seems to me, Brian, that you've started posting only to make the point that anybody who complains about anything on HP must be an over-emotional, attention seeking malcontent.

We've actually never spoken, but just in case that was ever going to happen, could you please add me to that list. 

Ta very much.

3. Jean Bakula profile image92
          Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can tell because your hubber score (which doesn't mean anything)! doesn't change or fluctuate in days, mine was the same for a whole week. I also just like to go to my account page and see if there are red arrows and what hubs they are on. It's a quick way to check and see if the same hubs are low scorers and if you need to considering doing something about it. I don't want to check the Analytics page or several other pages. It just gets more and more complicated to write here. I also dislike that when I am on my accounts page, the heading is much larger and the actual hub list is down so low on my computer screen I have to scroll UP to see my hub titles. I know these are little things, but they keep adding up to a point where sometimes I don't even come on HP all day anymore.

2. Rock_nj profile image91
      Rock_njposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They ran out of bubble gum and crazy glue to keep their Hub stats calculator together.  New supplies are on order and the problem will be fixed shortly.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just wanted to post an update.
      As of this post we are working to resolve the issue and we should be caught up in the next few hours.
      Thanks for your continued patience.

1. peeples profile image94
        peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the update!

2. Words By William profile image60

Thanks Double M,

Good to hear from someone with the inside scoop. smile

2. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Good morning, maalarue, same here. My earnings have been updated twice in 4 days, page view stats seem stuck again since yesterday afternoon. I'm sure they will get to it soon. But, yes, it is frustrating.

1. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

Yep...same here.
      And right now we are at 19 hours and counting according to my page.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My stats have been stuck for 24 hours now.  It's the same problem we see again and again.  HP keeps fixing it, but it keeps happening about once each week.  Please HP...do something permanent about this one!

2. kittythedreamer profile image75
        kittythedreamerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine's actually stuck at 40 hours...

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Hope it gets fixed soon, cuz one of my Hubs has had an epic week and was blowin' up views like crazy, I'm dyin' to find out how many it's gotten since the last stats update!!!

1. Rock_nj profile image91

Which hub are you referring to?  Curious?

2. NateB11 profile image88
        NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was feeling that way too, because I had a bit of a surge, then a sudden drop; but I think it just appeared as a drop because stats hadn't been updated. Looking forward to see if the upward trend is continuing too.

3. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

Right now my message says something like "Includes data from 24 hours ago and earlier". It's a bit frustrating but nothing we ourselves can do. We can only wait until the systems finally updates with latest stats. There is Google Analytics we can use but I wonder how accurate that is in comparison to the stats we see under our account here at Hub Pages.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7856547_f248.jpg

1. earner profile image82
        earnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Love it. And miss you.
        smile
        (PN)

..... don't forget your friends in "the other place", we miss you.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I have previously addressed this problem before. I shall do so again. Apparently, I still have access to HP's main server.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  Works sort of like that person who used to sit and answer the phone and say, "The time is now twelve twenty-three and eight seconds.  The time is now twelve twenty-three and nine seconds . . . "

6. Howard S. profile image89
      Howard S.posted 11 years ago

How can you tell how long it's been since the stats updated? HP removed the footnote cipher that used to indicate the stats age. It's one thing not to have current stats, but far worse not to know what point in time the stats were created.

1. Words By William profile image60

Howard, The info is on the My Accounts page, justified right. On the same line as the word "Statistics".

1. Howard S. profile image89
          Howard S.posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, how kewl; thanks! You can't know how much I missed this for the past few weeks or months since they removed it from the footer. hmm  This is a better location--I just didn't know they'd moved it!

7. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

This is a regular occurrence lately and certainly tends to make it harder to tell when a particular hub is doing well or is being tracked correctly.  Strange the tech guys never address this problem and only the staff who don't have anything to do with the stats comment on the lag time.  And I know Simone, it isn't in the TOS that you guys guarantee to keep them up to date at all.  But darn...........!  lol

8. nybride710 profile image60
      nybride710posted 11 years ago

29 hours here.

1. Abbyfitz profile image72
        Abbyfitzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can't wait till it rolls over. I was 15 views away from my 10,000 views yesterday afternoon. I'm missing a milestone here lol

Congratulations, Abby. smile

Thanks. Glad I wasn't staying up to watch it roll over. I'd have been awake for thirty some hours lol

Lol! smile

9. Rock_nj profile image91
      Rock_njposted 11 years ago

32 hours, no stats update, do I hear 33?

1. nybride710 profile image60
        nybride710posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Most likely!

1. Suzie HQ profile image90
          Suzie HQposted 11 years agoin reply to this

34 hours and counting!

10. SoundNFury profile image81
      SoundNFuryposted 11 years ago

There is always a 2 hour lag at around 11 p.m. PST as it is, so I'm betting there's no update until the wee hours tonight, maybe even tomorrow.  Blargh.

11. Randy Godwin profile image59

Strangely enough the hubscore is changing as it usually does.  The most useless part of the stats works great!  lol  Go figure!

12. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

Mine were updated 38 hours ago.

13. Rock_nj profile image91
      Rock_njposted 11 years ago

40 hours with no stats update.  Is this a record?

Same here, on hour 40.  Very unusual during the week.  I have seen it for over a day on the weekend and holidays, but never like this during the week.

Wonder if we will get an update before the weekend?  And then will it be a dry spell again, because of the weekend?

14. SAM ELDER profile image54
      SAM ELDERposted 11 years ago

mine as well, 40 hours..

15. earner profile image82
      earnerposted 11 years ago

I am at 40 hours.  While I understand system fixes take their time sometimes.... from a user's view it's a little annoying when you recently published a hub and are getting comments yet can't see the traffic.

I've 3 hub accounts and although I've managed to get something in GA, I can't swear to being able to get all information across everything in GA and Adsense accounts for all three accounts (too hard, made a sandwich instead).

16. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Hello hello, anybody out there..?

41 hours...

1. profile image0
        anndangoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, 41 hours at least. Hmmm...

1. Rock_nj profile image91

Make it 42.  Anyone taking bets on when this will get fixed?

17. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 11 years ago

My last update was Wednesday.

18. FatFreddysCat profile image93

We're now up to 42 hours... 42 of course is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything... so maybe it will become clear soon

1. Brie Hoffman profile image59
        Brie Hoffmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

43 hours

19. profile image0
      Educateurselfposted 11 years ago

43 hours, but I am comfortable with google analytics. Hope hubpages solve this soon.

20. Steve Lensman profile image62
      Steve Lensmanposted 11 years ago

Coming up to two days, when do they usually ship the new stats counters, mondays? smile

Sadly unless I'm using it wrong google analytics doesn't give me the same info the HP viewmeter does, is there a way of finding out how many views a single hub has had in the past week or month or year?

21. paradigmsearch profile image60

Too bad about the stats. According to GA and Quantcast, looks like HP is having a banner traffic week. And Quantcast now has HP at "Quantified Directly Measured Data 74 US RANK". If the stats had been working, there would have been a whole bunch of happy campers running around here. Maybe the stats are broken simply because they couldn't handle the increased volume. big_smile

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know *I* was having a great week, one of my music Hubs had been linked on a band's official Facebook page and was blowin' up like crazy.

With that additional traffic I was thiiiiis close to breaking 50,000 total views (on all my Hubs)... and then the stats counter crapped out. So for the last two days my "ever" views amount has been hangin' at 49,000 and change...I hope they fix it soon because I'd love to know if I actually made it over the 50K hump, the suspense is KILLING ME!!! sad

Time to start emailing the team.  This has gone on too long.    I'm at 45 hours and counting right now and it is impossible for me to do my daily analysis without the info the stats provide.   Have never seen it this bad before!

2. LongTimeMother profile image91
          LongTimeMotherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I imagine watching the 50K actually clicking over would be very exciting, FatFreddysCat, Now you won't know when to pop the champagne.

If you've missed the 50K moment, will you be putting it back in the refrigerator until 60K? smile

I can't afford champagne. I'll just drink a beer. smile

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93

I just checked my stats a few minutes ago and it looks like they've "updated" to "12 hours ago and earlier," which beats "42 hours" or more, so I guess that's progress... I still haven't quite made it over the 50K hump ... but hopefully soon!!!

2. Brie Hoffman profile image59
        Brie Hoffmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me too, the money is way up but it's so frustrating to not know why????

22. kittythedreamer profile image75
      kittythedreamerposted 11 years ago

Yep, mine's stuck at 45 hours...curious as to why that's happening so much.

23. LongTimeMother profile image91
      LongTimeMotherposted 11 years ago

Count me in too. 45 hours. Some kind of clue would be nice.

24. profile image0
      rmcmillenposted 11 years ago

Both my hubs have "updated 45 hours ago" when it comes to their traffic counter............ I am just hours away from 2 days straight and I see no end in sight...... woo-freakin-hoo!

I hate it when this happens. I always feel like I got cheated of views. I got my earnings for yesterday. It said I only had 37 views but analytics says something way different

25. Mark Ewbie profile image81

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7859835_f248.jpg

I hope you know how much you help us get through times like this, Mark Ewbie!

Got any good stick drawings to help us laugh at the stolen content thing?  Maybe I saw a few - can't recall.  My eyes are glazed over from extended hours in DMCA-Land.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hmm. Stolen content and a humorous pick-me-up.  Tough ask.

26. profile image0

Seriously, I can not wait to see the traffic jump once this problem is fixed.... the money I have made has tripled in the time that this problem has been on going..... I can only imagine what that means for the "hit count" of my traffic counter

rmcmillen:  WOW...really?  Mine is still slogging along, but I'd still like to see the details.  I have emailed the team and am awaiting a response.  I hope one comes before Monday!

27. profile image0

We can only hope...... I seriously want to see my traffic.... somehow its just not the same no matter how much I see a difference in my cash flow.

28. paradigmsearch profile image60

When all else fails, drop by Real Time. Looks like HP is perking along quite well for a Friday.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's that?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is part of Google Analytics. You will see the menu option on the left, under Standard Reports. Click Real Time, then click Overview. smile

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

My "real time" sucks right now.  I do better with the stats page for some reason!

It do indeed comes and goes... I like seeing what keywords pop up.

3. aa lite profile image86
        aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yay! My last hub of last month, just had a visit according to analytics, from the keyword I was targeting, so nice when that works.

Now if hub stats were working, I could see how many visits it had today, I'm sure I could drill down to that data in GA, but it's too much hassle.  It's nice to see the numbers for all individual hubs on one page.

29. faythef profile image67
      faythefposted 11 years ago

I think the staff is on spring break.....or at least the stats are..

30. Mark Ewbie profile image81

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7860339_f248.jpg

1. stuff4kids profile image61
        stuff4kidsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

The total number just changed, but individual hubs still haven't updated.  I published 4 in the last 3 days that still say 0.  I know there have been views because I've gotten comments.  It still says last update 2 days ago.

My stats just updated...kind of.  They say the info is now from 12 hours ago or more...that's a lot better than 47 hours, but still is not a total update.  I'll take what I can get!

Hey TT - it is pretty funny to check the forum threads and next to the one about delays in hourly updates, see TIMETRAVELER2 as the most recent post. I'm channeling the Twilight Zone theme song now . . .

doo doo doo doo     doo doo doo doo

Don't step in it!  lol

2. earner profile image82
        earnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wish I could draw like you do.... my life'd be so completely different if I was you ...... smile

My my, that sounded creepy and stalkerish.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey PN my friend. I couldn't do anything a year or so ago and then I just started doodling.  Good stalking though!

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Simone will be placing an order for that Bow-Hat shortly. 

Thanks for the pick-me-up Stolen Hub Stickman Humor - I love it!

31. maalarue profile image73
      maalarueposted 11 years ago

I see we made some progress. We went from 2 days to 14 hours.

32. lovebuglena profile image85

14 hrs is surely better than 48 hours... but I'd still love to see stats from a few hours ago...

1. SoundNFury profile image81
        SoundNFuryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I miss the good old days (a few days ago) when we actually had stats every hour.  Imagine that!

We all do!  It seems for the last 4 months the stats have been screwy at best.  This is the worst they've been since I started writing here 4 years ago.  An omen perhaps?  yikes

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What we take for granted?   A song in tribute to the good old days.. and for those following this thread. 
          I want to know if FatFreddysCat rolled over 50K views.

I DID roll over 50K views! I did, I did, I did!! Yay me!! (Opens beer)

Well Done! big_smile

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Cool for you, FFC!  Congratzalino!  cool

3. Words By William profile image60

Bravo con cerveza.

4. NateB11 profile image88
              NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
              rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

NICE!  Congrats on the views. Enjoy!

33. Dale Hyde profile image79
      Dale Hydeposted 11 years ago

So, since my last post it has gone from 40 hours to 14 hours?  And.....the weekend is coming on us.... Reckon this is not good, lol. smile

34. paradigmsearch profile image60

Hark! I do believe a second update has just been recently perpetrated, "Includes data from 4 hours ago and earlier". smile

35. Howard S. profile image89
      Howard S.posted 11 years ago

Is it just me--or does anyone else suspect the 7-day stats to be routinely tallying high in the last week or two? Mine shows something over 1400 now, but I've only ever once seen it above 200 for the day, and that only held for a few hours. It's usually been around 165-185 daily for the past week, so are they tallying an 8-day week?!

36. lovebuglena profile image85

how do you find out the daily totals for hub views?

1. Howard S. profile image89
        Howard S.posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I keep checking the "My Accounts" page every few hours like everyone else in this particular thread. There's a column for the past rolling 24 hours. If it's going to average over 200 (i.e. 1400 for 7 days), it seems like I ought to be able to catch it in the act at least a couple of times!

This puzzles me also, Howard.  One would think there would be a rather high tally of views sometime or another.

2. Susana S profile image93
        Susana Sposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Google analytics.

37. FatFreddysCat profile image93

thanks, all!

38. Randy Godwin profile image59

I wonder if this is as good as it's gonna get?  I suppose it's too much to hope for the stats ever being up to date again.  Might as well do away with them if this is indeed the case.  sad

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)