jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Is anyone here a YouTube partner?

1. Wayne Orvisburg profile image76
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years ago

I was just looking into how to make money with YouTube and was wondering how hard it was to become a partner.

2. camlo profile image88
    camloposted 7 years ago

As I understand it, my Adsense account was automatically linked to my YouTube account.

1. waynet profile image78
      waynetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is by default!

If you are applying to be a youtube partner you have to have lots of views and a good few subscribers and mix in some commercial videos with your usual videos, so as to let you Youtube account be profitable and attract good google ads.

I am getting over 1000 videos views a day but still need to build up to more views and subscribers to get accepted....

Also try doing a few good commercial videos now, because if they become popular, then Youtube may contact you by email to apply adsense to the individual videos.

Wayne Orvisburgposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I understand you have to get lots of views, I just wonder over what kind of time frame this has to be maintained before you can get accepted.

I fall into the class of having to be a partner before my adsense can be linked.

Do you find it very profitable? I don't make much with Hubpages, but I have some pretty funny video ideas I'm working on and that is more my cup of tea anyway.

I haven't been accepted yet for youtube partnership!

I'm wondering I may have to try different types of videos and do more reviews of products and maybe different ways of doing drawing tutorials or something!

i think you have to do something completely retarded so you get a million people laughing at it. LOL

Now there's a thought....I was thinking trying to draw a drawing tutorial with a pair of y-fronts on my head, could be fun and I could talk like Yogi Bear too whilst drawing!!

I'm off to dig out my pants!

HA HA! That may just do it! Good luck with that!

2. camlo profile image88
        camloposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wayne, sometimes (only sometimes), I'm a little dense. What exactly do you mean by Commercial Videos?

Commercial videos are ones that either endorse a particular product that people can buy or you review something in depth....the keywords of the video title and descriptions are indicators of this and will help relate to the google ads....when accepted to youtube partnership that is! still trying!!!

1. camlo profile image88

Does that mean I could endorse the recording programme I use on my music videos, for example?

If the music is owned by you, yes

1. camlo profile image88

Okay. Thanks for that!

3. Lily Rose profile image88
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

I didn't know you could link your You Tube account to your AdSense account - How??

EDIT:

Didn't see your response, Waynet, before I submitted mine - so you have to be a partner to be get any AdSense revenue from You Tube - am I understanding that right?

Yes that is correct....

Over a year ago, they tested out the adsense with Youtube videos option that you could access in your adsense account and I think this is where some youtubers may already have it linked.

they no longer do this I think!

working