jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

How to use RSS Capsule?

1. PierrePierre profile image61
    PierrePierreposted 7 years ago

Hi, there is a RSS capsule when I create one hub. But I don't know how to use it? Do you have some useful tips?
    Thanks!

1. HELLA profile image60
      HELLAposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I just did this last night. Save yourself from reading a ton of articles...

Basically to break it down, RSS means Really Simple Syndication and acts like a bunch of links for your hubs, thus less leg work on backlinking. The thing is on hubpages we have the RSS capsule.

First I will tell you how to get your RSS Feed URL as it requests in the capsule. Once you get into the edit section, it's going to ask for your feed URL.

1) To get this, go to your "My Profile" link in the top right and click on it, once there right click on "Subscribe to PierrePierre's capsule", then click on "Copy link location".

2) Open Notepad and paste what you have just copied. This is your Feed URL. This is what you put in the capsule where it says feed URL.

I usually set the description to first sentence only and show 8 for "Maximum Number of Items to Display".

I hope this helps! Email me if you need a better explanation.

PierrePierreposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the informaon are very helpful. Thank you Hella!

I did a try. And at the bottom of my hub, my other hubs are displayed.

Does the RSS only display my own hubs? Could I add the intereted hubs of others?

1. Lily Rose profile image88
          Lily Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you use the 'tag' format of RSS, hubs with the tag you specify will be shown and not just yours.

2. Uzdawi profile image73
    Uzdawiposted 7 years ago
  3. Lily Rose profile image88
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

I use the RSS capsule to feature my latest hubs at the bottom of my hubs.  I title it "My Latest Hubs" ... the hub feed URL would be: 

http://hubpages.com/author/your profile name here/latest/?rss

You can also use it to highlight your best or hottest hubs by replacing the 'latest' with either 'hot' or 'best'

You can also highlight hubs with a certain tag by replacing 'author' with 'tag', then the tag word, then either 'latest', 'best', or 'hot', followed by ?rss -- don't forget to separate each item with a forward slash...here's an example:

http:// (no space here)hubpages.com/tag/your tag word here/hot/?rss

I hope I explained that well...

PierrePierreposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! I will have a try! And I read your hubs, especially hubs about christmas. They are informative. ^-^

4. HELLA profile image60
    HELLAposted 7 years ago

No problem! I had to do a lot of research to figure this out and it really is so simple. I guess having an understanding of what RSS is helps. I find that it's tough to get quality answers sometimes....I'm glad to have helped and like Lily Rose, I too, RSS my hubs. Check my page for strutcure if youd like. I'm still working on changing older ones and it always seems like a work in progress. Good luck! Ill check out your hubs.

5. shazwellyn profile image44
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

This hub by my dear friend Edweirdo is brilliant... take a look

http://hubpages.com/hub/Promote-Your-Ol … -RSS-Feeds

1. Lily Rose profile image88
      Lily Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yup!  That's the one that taught me all about it - excellent hub!!

6. SteveoMc profile image76
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

The Edweirdo hub is the first time I really ever understood RSS.  I have been playing with them ever since and it has increased my traffic.     Now if that was the last thing that I needed to understand, it would be great.    However, sadly, it is one of the first things I needed to know and now I have to go back to work.   LOL

1. shazwellyn profile image44
      shazwellynposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ed really does have a way with words - simple, to the point without waffle.  Love him!  And boy.... he is such a brain!!!

7. PierrePierre profile image61
    PierrePierreposted 7 years ago

Yesterday, when i browsed hubpages, i found a good hub about RSS.
    Livewithrichard 's 'How to Get or Increase Traffic to Your Website Blog or Article'

http://hubpages.com/hub/Getting-more-web-traffic

8. wavegirl22 profile image43
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

Got to agree with Shaz, Edwierdos hub
    Promote Your Older Hubs with RSS Feeds
    is fantastic if you want to learn about RSS feeds,

And so is this one from Humagaia

What is An RSS Feed - How can it Help Website Promotion

1. sofs profile image84
      sofsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hella ,  your simplified explanation has really helped me.  Thanx!

working