jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Can anyone tell me about storyimp.com?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image91
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

hey hubberinos. i was just curious.  can any of you tell me if storyimp.com is a great place to publish short stories or not?  i know i can probably do a lot of short stories here, but i'd rather diversify each site i write on with different things, so it'll give people reasons to read my stuff on other sites.  i was thinking about writing short stories again, but they'll be exclusive on that site only.  however before i do that, i was just going to ask all of you what do you think about the site first.  does it work? 

<snipped link>

2. Flightkeeper profile image73
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

I would be concerned about copyright.  How can you protect your work so that noone takes your stuff to a publisher?

Stevennix2001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

yeah, that's true.  however, so are you saying i'd be better off publishing short stories on another site like say snipsly or xomba?  i have accounts on those too, but im still struggling on what to write on those.

1. Flightkeeper profile image73
        Flightkeeperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Steven, creative writing is so personal, it can't be reproduced but so easily stolen.  What if someone uses your writing as a starting point and was able to sell the story to a publisher?  I think you have to be protective of your work.  If you have short stories, consider going to a literary agent.

really?  hmm...i'll definitely have to consider that then.  thanks flightkeeper, for the tip.  how do you find literary agents anyway? do i just use google i take it to look them up?

From what I understand, literary agents prefer that you've had some work published in a magazine to start.  If there are any writers groups near where you live, I would suggest that you be part of it so that they can give you some ideas of which literary agent to go to and how to write the query letter.

hmm...good point. okay. i think i'll look into that then.  thanks flightkeeper for the great advice. I appreciate it. big_smile

Good luck! And of course you have to let us know as soon as you're published.

working