jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How to create links within profile

1. David 470 profile image85
    David 470posted 7 years ago

I see some other hubbers that have click able links within there profiles. How do you activate this?

2. lrohner profile image82
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Type in whatever text you want to show for the URL. So let's say you want to put a link to a hub about dogs. You might put "Learn more about dog training." It's called 'anchor text.'

Then highlight the text, click the little chain icon on the toolbar and put in the url (http://www.whatever.com).

3. KCC Big Country profile image89
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

That little chain link is in the top row of the capsule when you're typing the text.  I remember way back when I was trying to help someone with this, they were looking all over the toolbars at the top of their screen rather just in the capsule box.  There is link and then a broken link for when you want to remove a link.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

agreed, select the word in edit mood and then click on the chain sign that opens a pop up window. there you have to just insert the URL of the page you want to link and you are done.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That was exactly what KCC Big Country said, except his explanation is much clearer.

just wanted to make sure that a URL should be entered in a pop up box and when I first asked this question couple of moths back I got a similar answer and never understood what to do with the pop up box and closed it without inserting a link even before it was loaded. Then Maheshpathwal taught me how to do it.

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The way you explain it now, it makes good sense. I have also read that some people get confused about that. In the future, it would be great if you could be clearer about what you are trying to add to the discussion.

okk smile

working