jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Map Capsules

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 7 years ago

Hi--
      The new map capsule tool is a neat feature.  I've used it once before, and liked it--I've seen it on others' hubs, and liked it.

However, on my most recent hub, I included a map capsule, and pinpointed 2 places.  The locations show up under the capsule in the boxes with the "A" and "B" tags, but for some reason the pins are not visible ON the map--no matter which view I choose.

They are visible in edit mode, but once I am 'done editing,' they disappear again.  Is this a new glitch, or am I making some sort of error?

Thanks...

1. minesgm profile image79
      minesgmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have that problem too. sometimes i have the second thought of posting the hub because of wrong location pinned on the map.

2. SteveoMc profile image75
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

If this is for the Oregon Caves, the pins are visible.

DzyMsLizzyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi, SteveoMc

Ok, thank you...that is very interesting, indeed, because they are NOT visible to me unless I'm in edit mode!  Hmmm..

But, I'm glad others can see them..thanks for verifying that!

3. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 7 years ago

They show for me too, but green on green might not have been the best choice.

Oh--did not realize there was a color choice!  OOopss.. will look into that--thank you!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image97

Hmmm.. just checked--don't actually see any way to change the map pin colors...

1. MPG Narratives profile image62
        MPG Narrativesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can see the pin markers clearly when you view it in 'map' mode.

ahh.. yes...but no color choices, right??

1. MPG Narratives profile image62
            MPG Narrativesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No, you're right, no color choices.

4. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

I find that Firefox handles the map capsules quite well, but sometimes struggle to load photos, and will not allow me to play back videos, whereas Google Chrome will play videos and upload photos brilliantly, but has terrible problems with the map capsule.

sorry - no real help, just adding to your store of knowledge big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Thanks, RedElf...

Hmm.. interesting.  I have trouble uploading pix in IE, but Firefox handles it very well.  I've only just gotten Google Chrome, so don't have any real experience with it yet.

working