jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Someone Copied My Hub

1. easyspeak profile image72
    easyspeakposted 7 years ago

Someone copied my hub and is now using it to be #1 on Google for the keyword.  Any suggestions on what I can do?

This website owner has changed their content a couple of times in the last 3 months.  I would have thought google would have taken them out of the #1 position, but they have not.  I don't know if Google will recognize this new content as a duplicate and take them off, especially since they haven't thus far.

1. WryLilt profile image91
      WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You can file a DMCA complaint with google, and they can lose their adsense account if they can have one, or you can complain to the host of the site I believe...

I'm sure there'll be another hubber along shortly to fill you in (WE where are you?) smile

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 7 years ago

I think you should inform it to the HP team if they have copied your contents.

If they have changed it considerably how can you say it's copied?

1. WryLilt profile image91
      WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages team can't do a lot - they can try and help you get in contact with the host, but since they don't own the site it's copied on, they may not be able to do a large amount, other than offer advice.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I guessed so.

Here is some useful forum posts that will help
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/49212
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37858

2. easyspeak profile image72
      easyspeakposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They changed what's on the website considerably, not my content. i.e. they had another article on their 2 months ago, last week it was a domain search engine and today it was my hub...or at least a big chunk of my hub.

Here's the strange thing, when I when to Google's cache of the website, it was an Ezine article.  Very strange.  It said the cache was done on Sept 24.  I know for certain that it did not redirect to an Ezine article 2 days ago.

Here's the other thing, the hosting service, and email domain of the site owner was all in Russian.

3. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 7 years ago

In the bottom of this page you can see a "copyright" link. You can check it though I think its only applicable within HP

working