jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do I remove the copied hub status on my hub page?

1. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 7 years ago

I had an article on Associated Content on visiting India which I made a hub off. Then I deleted the article from AC. However the hub is still being shown as a copied hub.
    How do I get rid of the copied hub status?

1. Marisa Wright profile image100
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to know this, too.  I have one that had been plagiarised.  Google took down the copy after I reported it, but that was months ago and the symbol is still there.  No biggie, just a wee bit annoying.

1. cashmere profile image82
        cashmereposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same thing here

2. Cagsil profile image62
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

It will take about a week or so, maybe sooner, for it to be un-indexed by the search engines. After which, you will lose the duplicate content label you have received.

However, you could have kept the writing on AC and created a variation of the same thing on HubPages, so you could benefit from both.

You would have to make sure that you did not copy a lot of the information or wrote a completely differently worded article on HubPages.

Since you deleted it from AC, then you'll simply have to wait. wink

3. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 7 years ago

I have deleted it about three months ago smile
    That's why I'm wondering what to do next

4. Cagsil profile image62
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Then I would say that you either have too much wording that is copied from another source or email Staff at Team@HubPages.com and see if they can tell you what is wrong.

working