jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

A question about having an alternative hub persona?

1. Dolores Monet profile image99
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

Hi folks! I am thinking about establishing another hub persona in order to sell stuff. As I have 140 hubs now, and it's getting a bit cluttered, I'd like to stick to informational hubs on my regular hubs, but use the other to heavy up on the Amazon stuff.

The question is - if I become, say Mrs. D. or whatever, will I have to wait for Google adsense to kick in? Or will it appear already because I will still be using the same Google adsense account?

And could I link my 2 selves back and forth or is that frowned upon?

1. WryLilt profile image94
      WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have several accounts.

As to adsense - you can do it in a few clicks and in a few seconds. On your new account, simply go into affiliates, click yes to having an account, type in the end of your ph # and postcode and you're done - easy. You can only have one adsense account.

You can link your two selves back and forth if you wish. However if you're doing it for money, I'd recommend against it.

There are some unscrupulous hubbers who would be happy to steal your ideas if you let anyone know you were earning well on another account (and provided them the link).

I'd recommend doing what I do- my other accounts do nothing but hub and have no links back to them from my other accounts. I never use them in the forums or to answer questions or comment on other people's hubs, keeping them as low profile as possible.

2. Dolores Monet profile image99

Thank you, Wry. You who have 1918 posts - I'd go crazy. Trying to refresh and keep up with myself that way. As far as copy cats go, they can copy any one at any time. And I would promise not to spam myself or become a nuisance. smile Unless, of course, I forget all about myself and am left languishing in some dark cyber corner.

1. Dolores Monet profile image99
      Dolores Monetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

And what about the Amazon affiliate program? Would I use that same code as well?

1. tritrain profile image83
        tritrainposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

3. tritrain profile image83
    tritrainposted 7 years ago

I've been thinking about creating an "evil chipmunk" persona.

4. Dolores Monet profile image99

but that scary evil chipmunk may frighten people away!

5. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 7 years ago

I just started a new account to use as some form of experiment.

And as Wrylit rightly said, i also don't link my hubs from my 2 accounts. Not too sure, but i think it might be frowned upon.

I must say one thing, i feel so 'lonely' when im in my other account mode.

working