jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Traffic Spike

1. Winterfate profile image99
    Winterfateposted 7 years ago

I've gotten over 800 page views on this site today (which is about 100 more than yesterday). I think some of my choice hubs are maturing. big_smile

To celebrate the occasion, I'm going to post two tips for newbies:

- How-to guides tend to bring more traffic than other types of hubs, according to my personal experience. If you're just writing for fun and don't care about the $$, then disregard this tidbit.

- Keyword research is pretty good, but generally, if you write good quality hubs, word of mouth will do wonders on its own.

Now, I'm going to go watch a movie. Take care and have fun! wink
    -Winterfate

2. sofs profile image84
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Winterfate, Congrats!! Celebrate, party away you deserve it! Thank you for the great tip and I will take the cue..smile

3. WryLilt profile image84
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Good job! I think some of mine are maturing too... plus the Christmas rush is starting.

Totally agree with your tips - if you write a really good quality piece it can still get lots of traffic if people organically link to it.

4. nikmaya62 profile image59
    nikmaya62posted 7 years ago

I agree with you. In the beginning I write anything that is appeared in my mind, but after read several tips in the forum I try to change my strategy before writing a hub, I do the keywords research first, but it make my hubs got a little traffic. For comparison, my hubs that I've written without doing keywords research are get traffic from search engine, but why after I do a keywords research search engine didn't bring a reader for my hubs.

1. WryLilt profile image84
      WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Are you doing keyword research correctly?

You need to use the 'exact' search and make sure there isn't high competition.

1. nikmaya62 profile image59
        nikmaya62posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I chose the keywords which have a high paying and high search every month.

5. profile image46
    Mistress Cleanseposted 7 years ago

Those spikes are always great. Do you know why it happened? Did you get some good organic backlinks?

6. Winterfate profile image99
    Winterfateposted 7 years ago

@Mistress Cleanse: Well, I did a keyword search for my hub with the most traffic and it appears that I have no competition for what I'm writing in
    (the irony is that I didn't keyword research for that particular hub. Haha).

To be quite honest, I have no idea if I'm getting organic backlinks. I would assume so though. yikes

working